IGNORED

Bridgestone Golf Unveils New TOUR B Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/21/2017 at 10:08 AM, DeadMan said:

Interesting that they're not sticking with the B-300 branding. That's been around a long time, long enough that I don't actually know what Bridgestone's tour-level balls were called before then.

I know this is an older thread, but I just saw it and thought I'd jump in.

The B330 name has been with them since they globally became Bridgestone Golf in 2005.  Prior to that, the balls made for the U.S. market were under the Precept name.  In Japan, they used several brand names, but the big one was TourStage.

The thing about the new "B" logo is interesting.  It was actually a pretty big deal to get that changed.  They started experimenting with it in Covington to give the ball a cleaner look.  They did a very limited run of balls which were only available to a few Tour guys to get their feedback.  They liked it and put it into play, and when it was seen on tv during a telecast, we were inundated with phone calls asking if it would be available at the retail level.

The problem was changing the logo on the ball is something that has to be approved by the main office in Japan.  They rejected it at first, because it didn't include the word "golf" in the logo.  After doing a limited release to show that the majority of consumers preferred the new logo, it was finally approved.

There was a little confusion regarding the play numbers though.  Traditionally the higher compression models (in almost all brands) uses a black number and the lower compression ball has a red number.  When they moved to the new B logo, they made the play number the same color as the box they came in, so the B330 was black (same as before), the B330-S was blue (previously red), the RX was red (previously black) and the RXS was silver (previously red).  

5a9e127941c84_BridgestoneB330TourBLogo_small.jpg.9da17141df6d9232e6105b60f15ad312.jpg

Confused yet?  Good...then my work here is done! 

• Like 1

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought four dozen of the B-RX... I really liked the B330-RX so I went for it with the 2 for $70 promo going on.... It was a good investment... I might still pick up a couple more dozen before the promo ends.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!