IGNORED

Partial wood/hybrid shots

Moxley
Note: This thread is 2408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My iron dispersion is poor at the moment , I'm working on some posture and lower body issues that are probably not helping but are still important. This is OK, but not when I'm playing with a group on a round, where I want to hit greens. I don't want to do the band-aid of swinging the iron with my old swing (where everything, especially knees, moves far too much) as it might impair progress. 

I'm not suffering the same issues with woods/hybrids, which tend go much straighter without too much effort, so It'd be great to use these when I want to hit a green. Unfortunate thing is, I have never found a way to scale them down to partial shots - the usual result in this instance is a duck hook.

Any ideas for partial wood/hybrid shots, are they even a good idea?

There are a couple holes on my home course where I will decide to use a partial wood, or a partial driver from the tee.  Also, depending on the lie, I do it from trouble a fair bit too.

The thing that helped me the most is focusing on my sequencing for these shots.  I got too used to essentially doing things at X amount of time, rather than step one, step two, etc.  So it helps for me to make sure my swing has a "top", where I'm fully set up and ready for a downswing, even with only bringing my hands back 2/3rds of the way that I normally would on a full swing (or whatever percentage I want).  This has helped me keep my partial swings relatively close to my full swings in terms of accuracy.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!