IGNORED

Titleist AP2 irons

Note: This thread is 2340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How significant is the difference between the generations from the original 2008 AP2 and the newer models?

are the 2008 AP2 irons still of a comparable quality that one could still play them without significant disadvantage from the newer models in the line?

• Administrator
On 11/18/2017 at 11:44 AM, TropicalSandTrap said:

How significant is the difference between the generations from the original 2008 AP2 and the newer models?

are the 2008 AP2 irons still of a comparable quality that one could still play them without significant disadvantage from the newer models in the line?

Tough to say. They've been improved but "how much" is not exactly one you can quantify. How much does changing the bounce a degree or two, or moving the CG 1.5mm, or whatever… actually change the performance of the club?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Tough to say. They've been improved but "how much" is not exactly one you can quantify. How much does changing the bounce a degree or two, or moving the CG 1.5mm, or whatever… actually change the performance of the club?

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to find out. 

Guess im just looking for people’s opinions moreso than raw data. 

I still play the callaway x-18 irons and think they are fine. I would switch if I thought I was at a disadvantage with them. But I probably wouldn’t play a driver that old. 

Note: This thread is 2340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!