IGNORED

My Swing (Joe Effendi)

Joe Effendi
Note: This thread is 2465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi all, 
I've been Playing Golf for:
 23 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 13 handicap
My typical ball flight is: Low Draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Fading and Push Fade/Slice

Videos: 

I've been using a Honma year 1991 blade for 10+ years before finally switching to a more forgiving set of irons, the Mizuno JPX 900 Tour. 

My thought process was I was able to play blades well enough, why not switch to a more forgiving iron and perhaps play better. 

Turns out the blade had more offset than the JPX 900 and somehow, I've started to fade/push slice the ball while seemingly keeping my swing the same. 

For 2 months now, even my driver has been affected and I can't get back my old swing. 

Very frustrating to watch such ugly ball flight and losing distance on top of that. Messes up all my distance gauging decisions. 

I used to hit a low to mid draw with a lot of spin, and now it's constantly fading and at the worst case, a push fade/Slice. 

Can't enjoy the game as I used to until I get this fixed. Heelpppppppp :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Joe Effendi said:

Helpppp :(

We'd love to, but better camera angles help. I can't say much about ball position, whether the plane is steep/shallow, etc. from those angles.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

image.png.6378a029622157e0a0c7d0fb3d4f71c9.png

P6:  Hands a bit high here. 

Inside pretty early here.

image.png.94bd5dd84253b79dfdba45b107114527.png

For a short club like this ... could you be closer to the ball ?   So your arms hang straight down ?   The closer your hands are to your body, the harder it is to snatch the club inside, non ? 

image.png.46a057ece102e3b1835139a433feda7a.png

Does your rear leg straighten early and hard as you slide a bit ?

Club certainly looks inside early.  shoulders really open for this early in the swing, non ?

image.png.362ca5935f5441d9cd3b4d42040e2215.png

Overswing here ?   This seems typical for someone who is inside really early. 

image.png.7856e734ab5125d4accb67f9349a42fb.png

I don't like how you lose the tush line either.

In General in the DS, you want the left buttcheek moving back to where the right buttcheek ended up at the end of the backswing.

TST.losing_tush_line.thumb.jpg.7af8ea91801b7901d065231bcffc8dd8.jpg

Try to keep the clubs the same in the FO and DTL views ! 

Just random thoughts.

early Hip slide on takeaway. 

TST_hip.slide_on.takeaway.jpg.94cc028516624184c23279651ff071da.jpg

Edited by SunkTheBirdie

Note: This thread is 2465 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!