IGNORED

My Swing (423JKU)

423JKU
Note: This thread is 2286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Played all through school, quit for 5 years (2012-2017), just picked back up last month.
My current handicap index or average score is: I would guess mid 80s
My typical ball flight is: Driver: High Draw, Irons: High Cut
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pushing Shots

A bit of background (skip if you dislike long winded rambling):

My grandfather introduced me to the game when I was young (early elementary school). I got a cut down set of his old clubs and hacked them all over the place. When I got to middle school I decided to play for the school, played all through high school. I was always known for being relatively long off the tee, with decent iron play, and a hit or miss short game. I posted a 3 under 69 at my home course as a Junior in HS (age 16). Senior year came around and I decided other things were more entertaining than golf and I let my game get away from me. In college I played a bit when I had the chance (buddy was a cart boy at a local course and we would play once a week). Back in 2012 before my daughter was born I sold everything golf related I owned (with the exception of my Scotty) and quit. 

Last year I caught a Masters commercial and it hit me that I desperately missed the game. I curbed my appetite to return until around a month ago. I told my wife I wanted to get back into it and she seemed to think it was a good idea. I have always been an athlete but I have had no real athletic hobby for the last 6 years. I told myself id go spend $500 on some clubs, see how it goes and go from there. Right off the bat found a solid deal on a 915 D2 with an X Flex Tour Speeder and matching 915F 3 wood (same shaft)...picked these up for $250 in MINT condition. Found a set of 716 MBs (idiot move I know) and snatched them up for $300. After realizing I wasnt going to hit MBs like Adam Scott (I played MBs at the end of my high school career) I traded the 716 MBs off for 714 AP2s. Picked up a 54* F Grind Vokey SM6 to add to the arsenal until I decide if I want to play a 50 - 54 or a 54 - 60. Also will be adding a 816 21*, and of course..I still had my trusty Scotty.

Anyways..Hit the range for the first time in nearly 6 years last weeks, and below is one of the first shots of the day. A 7 iron, very high, slight push, minimal left to right movement. My irons seem to be very high pushes more than anything (feel like I may not be getting through the ball). I had the occasional chunk..but I feel like it was a very solid start for 6 years without swinging a club. I hit on the range again saturday with similar results, and played 18 select shot on Sunday with similar results. My driver (I will upload driver videos as soon as I get the opportunity) seems VERY solid. Exponentially longer than ive ever hit before with the majority of my drives going into the 320 range with high right to left movement.

Videos: 

Edited by 423JKU

• Administrator

Well this is what I'd look at first. You're steep in transition and then have to goat-hump the heck out of it to get the shaft to lay down, which it then does too much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!