IGNORED

carry stand bag vs cartbag on buggy

Note: This thread is 5913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. what is the best type of bag for the course(especially a hilly one like mine)?

• stand bag
    • Cart Bag
    • not fussed

hey guys just wanted to get some opinions on what you thought was better. my current bag sucks and i was thinking about maybe a titleist stand bag or maybe a bigger cart bag. what do you think is better to play with on the course and what is easier?

thanks very much everyone

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

what do you think is better to play with on the course and what is easier?

Do you normally walk or ride when you play?

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

sorry yes i usually push a cart while playing. hope that clears things up. i like the bag in your avatar. all of a sudden ive really taken a liking to the blue mizuno colours on the market.

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

If you usually use a hand cart while playing, a stand bag would be my choice. As a rule of thumb, a carry/stand bag will be lighter than a cart bag. Less work for you, easier to lug around the course.

sorry yes i usually push a cart while playing.

The reason I ask is that cart bags definitly work better in a cart duh

Stand bags on the other hand have their advanatges for walking but they are usually lighter then stand bags and are more diverse (easier to get back and forth to the course and at the driving range) but since you are walking a lighter cart/stand bag might work best...and since you use a cart I would lean toward a stand bag like the one in my avatar
i like the bag in your avatar. all of a sudden ive really taken a liking to the blue mizuno colours on the market.

This new

Tour Stand Bag is AWESOME! It is really a stand bag but Mizuno sells it as a stand/cart bag...it works better in the cart then any other stand bag I have owned (Hoofer and Titlest)...it is differnet in desgin then most in that it is thinner but deeper so you have plenty of room for stuff but it will fit on a cart very well. I play a few courses where I can walk and it is a great bag for walking with the strap system and the pad for your back (see attached)...good luck with whatever you decide...

The hybrid cart/stand bags are pretty nice when you ride a lot or play with a push cart (which I do).

I have a Burton CXS hybrid bag that works really well for push cart or golf car use. It's reasonably light, has 14 full length dividers, plenty of storage and the legs lock shut when you've got it on a cart.

Burton CXS Hybrid Bag

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

thanks everyone. my mate has a taylormade stand bag that he carries on his back while playing. he reckons its better than using a push buggy(he's never used one really) and i thought maybe it was time to get a better bag and would i chose a cart bag or a stand bag with shoulder straps. thinking next bag would defs be one of those mizuno bags!

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

hey guys just wanted to get some opinions on what you thought was better. my current bag sucks and i was thinking about maybe a titleist stand bag or maybe a bigger cart bag. what do you think is better to play with on the course and what is easier?

I used to have a smaller stand bag.

But now i use the huge TM R7 stand. If i feel lazy i'll just throw it on my cart. I like having the size to put winter layers in, but sometimes i just dont like carrying!
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

When I started playing as a teenager years ago, I used a push cart and I was always wore out after 18. One day, I walked away from the club house without getting a cart on accident and just said F it and decided to carry my bag. I've carried my bag ever since. I just find it easier and less tiring to carry.

What's in my orange Callaway Warbird Hot:

Maltby CT250 11.5° - SK Fiber Pure Energy s-flex
Maltby CT250 18° - SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 s-flex
Taylor Made RAC OS2 3-PW - True Temper r-flexTitleist Vokey Satin 252.08 (bent to 49°) & Satin SM54.10Yes! Tiffany (center shafted)Top Flite D2 Feel...

so it is less tiring to carry it then to push it? just asking because after 9 i am starting to get tired especially on my course that has 2 hills of death. then again an electronic buggy would be nice!

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Mfactor,

It is better then the old Hoofer bag set up...however, I have not checked out how new Ping bags are set up??? The Kabuki system it is not a perfect system but it definitely works better when not on a cart then any stand bag I have owned. Clubs still get stuck somewhat when in a cart...but if you like to have a specific place to put your clubs it is more defined then most stand bags. I will admit that I like the looks of the Burton CXS hybrid bag mentioned a few posts earlier. The main difference for me is that this bag says ...enough said?

I just find it easier and less tiring to carry.

I second that...

awesome. march birthday present?

52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

For my 88 yr old Dad who still walks and plays a full lenght championship course....set him up with a cart and stand bag. Stand bag because it is typically lighter than a cart bag....and has less pockets to where you will load it up like a pack mule.

Also the key is to select a pay a bit more for a better pull cart. Make sure it is stable so you don't wear yourself out trying to keep it upright. And make sure that stand bag is snug in the cart so it doesn't wiggle around and waste your energy when you pull it along.

• 4 weeks later...
Used a stand bag + push cart and got sick of clubs getting tangled in the stand bag. I think a stand bag should be used when you are carrying your clubs.

If you're going to ride or pull/push, you might as well go with a cart bag.

Note: This thread is 5913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!