IGNORED

My Swing (vpittman)

vpittman
Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 95
My typical ball flight is: straight
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: slice

Hi all,
One of my goals this year is to focus on improving my swing. The problems I'm trying to correct are hitting it thin and general
inconsistency. I believe I'm getting better with hitting it thin as I now take a small divot.

A bit about me, I'm 60 and generally shoot about 95. I'm hoping to be able to consistently shot below 90 by the end of the year.

Here's videos of my swing, any help would be much appreciated

Videos: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @vpittman. Welcome to TST.

I'm not an instructor but thought I'd focus you on a couple things that are fairly common that I see with players who struggle to break past bogey golf.

First, a good link: 

At that link, I'd suggest you look for things that cover two things and see if you can see if they apply to you:

1. Steady head. The first video on Key #1/Steady Head shows Erik's head going back and up, which is what I see your head doing.  I think you can likely use some of the advice from that video.
  2. Centered hip turn. To assist with a steady head, I think the links that you'll find at the thread above regarding a centered pivot or centered hip turn could be useful to you.

Again, I'm not an instructor, and I do not know if this is your most important piece to look at, but they are certainly fundamentals that I see many players at your skill level being told that they should start there. It likely won't hurt.

See you around.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!