IGNORED

My Swing (ccrimmins89)

ccrimmins89
Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just recently joined this site after visiting the forums for years. Thought i would give it a try! A little about me, I discovered golf from a baseball coach who recommended I start playing in between days I pitched in college to stay loose and I have been hooked since, been 6 years. I have never had a lesson and honestly I like the challenge of figuring something out on my own but I have run into some true frustration and thought that somebody that knows more than me can help me out. I started out as a 24 hdcp and have gotten myself to a 5 at the end of last year.

My swing inspirations are the great Ben Hogan, Jason dufner, Paul Casey, charley Hoffman and my all time favorite swing (other than hogan) is old timer Peter thomson. I have tried to build my swing around simplicity and trying to hit the straightest ball possible.

I would love all the swing advice I can get but my main question/problem is the height of my head in my backswing and downswing. In the videos below you will see my head drop in the backswing considerably, Ive studied numerous pros swings and a lot of them ex. hogan,Rory etc. Drop their head in the backswing and then even more in the downswing, but none of them drop their head as much as me. On my downswing my head drops more but right at the end it raises. I know that the head drops in pros swing because they are using the ground correctly but is mine too much?

My question is do you think My head drops too much in the downswing that I cant keep that spine angle thru the downswing or should i focus more on keeping that spine ange? I always fight coming too far inside and u can see it a little bit in my swing videos

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years
My current handicap index or average score is: 5 hdcp
My typical ball flight is: straight/slight draw
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  push fade

• iacas changed the title to My Swing (ccrimmins89)
  • Administrator

I don't think it drops as much as you think.

I wouldn't worry much about it. It'll probably change a bit as you work on other things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok thanks for the comment. When i look at these attached screen shots when comparing Hogan, my head moves toward the ball in my backswing and I'm a half of a head lower than when I'm  at address. I don't have a problem with being lower in my backswing but my head moving toward the target gotta be a problem right? , I've  worked really hard on loading on my backside, Is there such a thing as loading too much in the backswing? My thinking which could definitelybe wrong lol, is because I'm dropping and loading so hard on my backswing that I might not be a good enough athlete to keep that lowered posture throughout my swing does that make sense? I notice when I look at pictures of my swing is that my head at address is a certain height then I take my backswing and it is lower, when i reach impact my head is lower than it was at address but higher than it was in my backswing. This is where I'm confused, I know I want to be lower at impact position than at address and I am but I'm not lower than in my backswing so I'm obviously losing my spine angle but is it because I'm not a good athlete and shouldn't load and drop as much or is everything good and I should just work on keeping that spine angle?

Sorry for the jumbled mess , hope that made sense, thanks for the reply. Obviously im not Ben Hogan and will never have his swing but he drops,  but not as much as me which is why i think its a problem for me. Do you feel my backswing Is a little inside?, where I see it inside is when I I start to raise the club, to me it loom like I bring it inside just based in my back elbow as well 

Screenshot_20180322-185436.png

Screenshot_20180322-192430.png

Screenshot_20180322-190310.png

Screenshot_20180322-190345.png

And if you think it is not a problem what do you think I should work on instead? I kinda lost on what to work on next 

• Administrator

I don't see a face-on video, or some iron shots. So I don't know.

I will say that your feet are pointing left, but your shoulders appear to be aimed right.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!