IGNORED

B6 soft vs speed vs srixon q-star pro

Note: This thread is 2374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Long time reader first post

I've been doing some trial by error ball fitting and figured the crew here might be interested in my results

About me: driver swing speed 110-112, handicap 15 

I've been trying to find best under $2 ball to fit my game. Feel like I could benefit from 3 piece ball but loose enough per round not to spring for pro v1, etc

B6 soft:. Great soft feel for chipping and putting.  Definitely lost some distance compared to others.  Surprised that it had most side spin off driver for me.  Very hard time finding fairway.  Great feel around and on the green. Best off putter

B6 speed: longest of the bunch and very straight for me. Softer than 2 piece distance ball but definitely suffers in chipping and putting feel and feedback

Srixon Q star tour: best all around. I don't generate alot of spin in my short game but this ball has best feel and performance around greens.  Distance on par with B6 speed, maybe slightly less. Best thing I can say about this ball is I find it. Significantly less side spin off the driver.  Feel like it fights to stay straight rather than continuing to curve. Feels like I can compress it with irons/wedges

Taylor Made tour preferred: found this online deep discount and figured I would throw it in for comps. Very long off tee. Pretty firm. High spin all around. I had a hard time finding the fairway.  Good performance greenside but I prefer the feel of softer ball. Not a gamer for me

38 minutes ago, BTK531 said:

I've been doing some trial by error ball fitting and figured the crew here might be interested in my results

I've been trying to find best under $2 ball to fit my game. Feel like I could benefit from 3 piece ball but loose enough per round not to spring for pro v1, etc

B6 soft:. Great soft feel for chipping and putting.  Definitely lost some distance compared to others.  Surprised that it had most side spin off driver for me.  Very hard time finding fairway.  Great feel around and on the green. Best off putter

B6 speed: longest of the bunch and very straight for me. Softer than 2 piece distance ball but definitely suffers in chipping and putting feel and feedback

Srixon Q star tour: best all around. I don't generate alot of spin in my short game but this ball has best feel and performance around greens.  Distance on par with B6 speed, maybe slightly less. Best thing I can say about this ball is I find it. Significantly less side spin off the driver.  Feel like it fights to stay straight rather than continuing to curve. Feels like I can compress it with irons/wedges

Taylor Made tour preferred: found this online deep discount and figured I would throw it in for comps. Very long off tee. Pretty firm. High spin all around. I had a hard time finding the fairway.  Good performance greenside but I prefer the feel of softer ball. Not a gamer for me

First of all welcome to the site... Secondly... I'm honestly a little surprised you didn't look into prior generation new balls on clearance... I'm talking about the Bridgestone e7, Taylormade Project (a), Titleist NXT Tour (now dirt cheap), Have you thought about maybe a prior generation B330-S? They're down in the $30 to $35 a dozen range and if you load up you can usually get 3-6 dozen for around $27 a dozen.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BRIDGESTONE-B330S-GOLF-BALLS-WHITE-6-DOZEN/323175889495?hash=item4b3ec8ba57:g:PdIAAOSw4shX2F8u

Like the one above... I know what you said about losing too many I feel you there... I actually have purchased 7 dozen of the new B-RX from Bridgestone for this season... I may end up with more... I can swing higher than what I got it fit for... But I'm in the swing at 75% club who still knocks it out there 270 with 102-104 mph clubhead speed.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've tried B330 s and rx. Solid all around. I definitely seem to keep them in play but prefer softer feel. Would like to find a ball I can stick with for forseeable future rather than finding left overs. Srixons are 4 for 3 through their website

4 minutes ago, BTK531 said:

I've tried B330 s and rx. Solid all around. I definitely seem to keep them in play but prefer softer feel. Would like to find a ball I can stick with for forseeable future rather than finding left overs. Srixons are 4 for 3 through their website

Srixon Soft Feel... $20 a dozen... best damn ball for the money on the market bar none... Though the Wilson Staff Duo is pretty good, too, if you want a soft feel. I actually played the Soft Feel when I was still about a 14 handicap a couple years ago... Maybe I should have stuck with it.

Edited by onthehunt526

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

26 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Srixon Soft Feel... $20 a dozen... best damn ball for the money on the market bar none... Though the Wilson Staff Duo is pretty good, too, if you want a soft feel. I actually played the Soft Feel when I was still about a 14 handicap a couple years ago... Maybe I should have stuck with it.

Thanks for that post. You just set my mind at ease. I was in PGA Superstore today. They have a sale this weekend. The Soft Feel are $10 a dozen. Never tried them, but at that price I used a $60 credit on them. I usually play the Duo. 

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

9 hours ago, BTK531 said:

Thanks for the review. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!