IGNORED

Callaway vs Cobra drivers

Tyceman379
Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I’m new to this page. I just need some advice, I have the XR16 driver. I saw the new Cobra F8 and swing it today. I really like it. Has anybody played the Cobra in a round? If so did you like it? Other than the milled face plate, is there really a huge difference? Thanks. 

Welcome to TST. I am not a club guru by any stretch of one's imagination. Others on here will answer your question.

One thing I can say is, either the Callaway, or the Cobra in the hands of a better swing will out perform the other. 

Also, one's comfort level in a club goes a long ways in the performance of that club. 

I have friends who play the brands you mentioned. Both are quite happy with their brand of choice. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you're going to spend $4-500, why limit yourself like that? Test every head, shaft combination you can. Every OEM makes really good equipment, and another one just might be a better fit for you. It's not like you're under a club contract, and Callaway is paying YOU to play their clubs. You're paying THEM. This isn't a knock on Callaway, I have 9 of their clubs in my bag. But if I found something that worked better....

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!