IGNORED

Swing question

Note: This thread is 2193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quick background .. I been playing about 2 yrs. Shot around 100 usually. I took a swing eval at golftec recently. When I swing I don't hinge my wrist. Anyways the guy had me hitting my 7 iron with the hinge method. It felt very weird. But I do know that's how something new feels.. my question was when swinging my woods and driver. Do you still hinge your wrist?sorry if this is a stupid question 

Not a stupid question. No worries there. 

Most golfers do hinge their wrists on most of their swings. Shorter chips, and putts don't require a wrist hinge. 

I hinge my wrists to get the maximum distance out of my swings. I get a longer back swing with a wrist hinge. That said, I am more accurate with my punch shots .Smetimes when I need a low, longer shot, I will hit a punch shot, where I don't use much wrist hinge.

I say, if you want the most out of your game, try hinging your wrist on your full shots. Now , if you are happy not hinging your wrists, then go with that. Your choice. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!