IGNORED

Heeeeere's Jonny!

Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's my swing both down the line and from the side. I used InPractis video kiosk to capture the swings, and used their video player to compare it to Brady Riggs. The InPractis is very cool, and it doesn't cost $85/hour like working with my coach. You can see the comparable swing speeds between myself and Brady.

I hit it OK when I trust my swing, but my left arm is breaking down and I'm wondering if I'm leaving something behind in terms of swing speed or consistency. I tried increasing my spine tilt (which is why I'm set up so far behind the ball), but it's still occurring.

Let me know what you think.

Have fun,
JG

I'm not sure if it is just me or not, but I cannot seem to pull up the videos.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not sure if it is just me or not, but I cannot seem to pull up the videos.

I screwed up the links. It should work now. It looks better in full screen since it has two swings in the same video.

On the start of the backswing, you are very far inside.

Alot of head movement at the top, compared to where it was at address. Also way across the line.

One thing I really notice is that you don't have alot of extension through the ball. Think of shaking hands with the target. That helps promote good extension, and might help you keep your left arm from breaking down through impact.

Hope this helps.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

On the start of the backswing, you are very far inside.

Thanks, it does help. As a note, my ball flight is a draw.

There is a ton of head/shoulders movement at the top as I wind up. I've also got some videos of a shorter swing, but I lose about 5mph of swing speed - about 15-20yds and the difference between a 6 iron vs an 8iron. So, as long as I can maintain my tempo, I'm inclined to keep the length of the swing. It's interesting because I'm extending my right arm, but my left arm is still breaking down. It is something that's occurring because of something that is in my swing, instead of me just not allowing the extension to occur (I tried really extending, but still break down).

One thing I notice is that you have a lot of overall body movement, but mainly sliding your body, I have the same problem, and a drill my coach game me is to feel like my hips just turn, and don't slide. Also you can stand something up pretty close behind your right hip, and take your swing to the top and try not to know the item over.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

One thing I notice is that you have a lot of overall body movement, but mainly sliding your body, I have the same problem, and a drill my coach game me is to feel like my hips just turn, and don't slide. Also you can stand something up pretty close behind your right hip, and take your swing to the top and try not to know the item over.

I agree. I'm going to work on my flexibility and see if I can rotate around more, rather than sliding forward.

there are a few flaws, but it looks like everything is based around getting more distance from your swing, specially the pronounced body movement on the back swing. You are too far behind the ball at address.

But if you want to see where your bad shots are coming from, pause the video (face on) at the top of the swing and look at the position your in, your so far behind the ball, you have to make a huge movement back towards the target just to hit the ball, this = outrageous inconsistency.

Hope this helps in some way

JaY_B

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Note: This thread is 5937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!