IGNORED

Shaft for Ping Eye 2 - 2i

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just got my Ping Eye 2 Blue Dot 2-iron.  Back in my earlier days I loved hitting this club.  The shaft is a KT-M.  Looking to replace it with a graphite shaft.  +3/4 inches in lenth.  Driver swing speed is mid-90's.  Club has a 18.5* loft.  Looking for a shaft that might give it a bit more of a mid-high trajectory.

Swing tempo is moderate.  Transition is medium and release is middle to late.

At the end of the day I'll get fit for it, just wanted to nerd out on some shafts.

1 hour ago, Reef Donkey said:

Just got my Ping Eye 2 Blue Dot 2-iron.  Back in my earlier days I loved hitting this club.  The shaft is a KT-M.  Looking to replace it with a graphite shaft.  +3/4 inches in lenth.  Driver swing speed is mid-90's.  Club has a 18.5* loft.  Looking for a shaft that might give it a bit more of a mid-high trajectory.

Swing tempo is moderate.  Transition is medium and release is middle to late.

At the end of the day I'll get fit for it, just wanted to nerd out on some shafts.

Aerotech Steelfiber sure makes a nice shaft. I’ve got a set of Ping Eye 2 blue dot as well! 3-LW. Great clubs.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I loved the old Ping Eye 2 from the 1-iron to the middle irons, but the short irons and wedges had too much offset for those clubs.  I couldn't get used to it.. Good grooves, too.

Also, the old ZZ Light steel shaft was a little too stiff from me, not because it was especially stiff but because I liked a slightly softer shaft to feel the club head better.

Aldila NV Pro 105 is a good match if you can find some "new-old-stock" ones, which you probably can..

Especially just one for a 2-iron.

Those 1- and 2-irons made great driving irons with sets of less forgiving irons.

You used to see them in there with Wilson Staffs and Hogan Apex IIs.

Edited by trombettista_vecchio

TaylorMade 300___307cc driver, 13.5°                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 400___3, 5, 7, 9 woods                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Mizuno Fli Hi II___driving iron                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist T300___7, 8, 9, PW, AW, GW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Titleist SM6___LW                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Tad Moore Chicopee___putter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Titleist Pro V1x___ball

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Aerotech Steelfiber sure makes a nice shaft. I’ve got a set of Ping Eye 2 blue dot as well! 3-LW. Great clubs.

I've heard quite a bit of good stuff about these shafts.  With my swing speed being where it is (kinda Regular but moving towards Stiff as I get better) and being longer, I'm pondering the R vs. the S flex.

1 hour ago, trombettista_vecchio said:

I loved the old Ping Eye 2 from the 1-iron to the middle irons, but the short irons and wedges had too much offset for those clubs.  I couldn't get used to it.. Good grooves, too.

Also, the old ZZ Light steel shaft was a little too stiff from me, not because it was especially stiff but because I liked a slightly softer shaft to feel the club head better.

Aldila NV Pro 105 is a good match if you can find some "new-old-stock" ones, which you probably can..

Especially just one for a 2-iron.

Those 1- and 2-irons made great driving irons with sets of less forgiving irons.

You used to see them in there with Wilson Staffs and Hogan Apex IIs.

I'm really liking the lighter shafts.  I don't know what the KT-M shafts are, but they feel light, especially compared to my Dynamic Gold S300 rebar shafts I swing.  

I really hate my hybrid.  Almost given up on it.  Most likely going with the following bag set:

Driver:  11* Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 - Love the 11* setting

3W:  14* Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 

Ping Eye 2 Blue Dot 2-iron:  18.5*

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4i - 21* through PW - 45)  Nippon Pro Modus 105 Stiff in 7-PW and maybe the 1050GH in 4-6 (My normal shot is low, and these seem to have a bit higher of a trajectory)

Also looking at the Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF2 Irons in 5-PW.  They don't make a 4 in LH.  Maybe I'll grab a 7w?  Or even a Ping Eye 2 3i?

I love the Mizzy's but they are $500 more than the Bridgestones, and early reviews really LOVE the Bridgestones.

I even considered doing a Hotmetal 4-6 and a 919 Forged in 7-GW

Note: This thread is 2011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!