IGNORED

Help! Hitting an Iron has Become Impossible!

Batjame
Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi new here! 

Can anyone offer any tips/thoughts what’s going wrong! I have absolutely no trouble hitting my driver 95%of the time and finding the fairway, also the same with my 3 wood of the deck. 

However my last 8 games I can not hit my irons what so ever. I maybe hit 1 or 2 strikes in a whole round with say 8,7,6i and just a few more strike with say 9,pw,,aw, sw.

I used to hit them averagly with the odd slice, hook etc but always had a strike with height and distance 

buy Basically I hit it now and it goes no where, no height no distance, from fat shots to fin shots. 

The strange thing is I hit absolutely fine at the range, I know this is off matts but I also hit it absolutely fine on the grass range at my club.

I take a practice swing and either brush the fairway or take a nice little divot on the course. However as soon as it come to the actual shot...complete disaster. 

I played today did 25 balls on the grass range and flushed them all. 

Went to play and I hit 1 shot that was struck, the the rest were fat despite practice swings appearing perfect. 

I still hit 36 points (HC 14.6) but this was due to putting, good drives and 4 par 3,s being of winter mats. The irons were hacked 40-80 yards at a time 

one game my irons were so bad I actually only had 9 points after the round, thus has never happened before and I have been a solid 14 HC for the past 2 years 

8 games in a row now, any ideas 

• iacas changed the title to Help, Hitting a Iron Has Become Impossible!
2 hours ago, Batjame said:

Hi new here! 

Can anyone offer any tips/thoughts what’s going wrong! I have absolutely no trouble hitting my driver 95%of the time and finding the fairway, also the same with my 3 wood of the deck. 

However my last 8 games I can not hit my irons what so ever. I maybe hit 1 or 2 strikes in a whole round with say 8,7,6i and just a few more strike with say 9,pw,,aw, sw.

I used to hit them averagly with the odd slice, hook etc but always had a strike with height and distance 

buy Basically I hit it now and it goes no where, no height no distance, from fat shots to fin shots. 

The strange thing is I hit absolutely fine at the range, I know this is off matts but I also hit it absolutely fine on the grass range at my club.

I take a practice swing and either brush the fairway or take a nice little divot on the course. However as soon as it come to the actual shot...complete disaster. 

I played today did 25 balls on the grass range and flushed them all. 

Went to play and I hit 1 shot that was struck, the the rest were fat despite practice swings appearing perfect. 

I still hit 36 points (HC 14.6) but this was due to putting, good drives and 4 par 3,s being of winter mats. The irons were hacked 40-80 yards at a time 

one game my irons were so bad I actually only had 9 points after the round, thus has never happened before and I have been a solid 14 HC for the past 2 years 

8 games in a row now, any ideas 

No, it isn’t a mental issue. Like me, like many, hell most, you have swing flaws. From these flaws you have compensations that require specific timing which are difficult to maintain. Your swing is repeatable and consistently bad. The good strikes are the outliers. This isn’t an attack and I don’t mean it that way. It’s a realization that needs to be accepted in order to get on a proper route of improvement. I’ve wrangled with my swing for years and only now am taking organized and efficient steps to improve it. Post a video on the ‘My Swing’ thread and you will get free advice. Free and good, sound advice. Let those bad rounds go. They’re done. Welcome to TST. Here’s a great place to do some reading:

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tennis is fun....

😉

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Help! Hitting an Iron has Become Impossible!
Note: This thread is 1992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!