IGNORED

Anyone use Callaway Apex Hybrid

SteveH
Note: This thread is 1937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking for some feedback on this club.  I have a Ping G30 3 hybrid but have been looking for something that is not as draw biased. My research has led me to the Apex but I haven't been able to find one that I can try. My hybrid used to be my go to club for 190-210 but my miss is a hook and I am looking for something a little more open. I have the Apex irons up to a 4 and really like them. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Doesn't seem to be many of these around. Found some in golf town over the holidays but they only had regular shafts and I hooked them. Found a used one with the correct shaft but the store wouldn't split the complete set or swap the shaft out with a new one (probably consigned?),  Did get to hit it though, very solid feeling.  Ordered a new one  with the preferred shaft.

I play Apex Hybrids and they are better than most hybrids at avoiding the hook.  There is the used Callaway website you should look at.  I bet you could get a great deal and lesson the risk of buying one.

• Like 1

My new club showed up.  Got a great deal on it seeing as how Callaway just announced the 2019 model. I took it to the course today and although I didn't get any range time with it, I absolutely loved it.  I play Apex irons and this is just perfect gapping from my 4i  I found it to be very solid and very reliable.  Played it off the fairway, from light rough, off the tee and used it for a couple of long shots into greens. I probably used it a few times when I should have hit something else but wanted to give it a good workout to get a feel for it. Very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

https://thesandtrap.com/b/review/callaway_apex_hybrid_review 

As you found, there should be some great deals out there right now on the 2016 version as the 2019 is coming out.  

• Like 1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Note: This thread is 1937 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!