Hacker James

more speed from "laying down" ?

21 posts / 1427 viewsLast Reply

On 1/8/2019 at 6:33 PM, xrayvizhen said:

I believe this "laying off" move is the same as "shallowing the club", both done at the transition from backswing to downswing. It's touted by several online instructors. Zach Allen comes to mind but there are others as well. I think it's one of those kind of moves where if you don't have the coordination/skill to do it just perfectly or the inability/desire to practice it for 8 hours/day you can easily overdo it with disastrous results.

I found this video of how Hogan may have implemented this move. As you mention, it could also cause innumerable problems for many. 

Edited by iacas
please embed videos

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

12 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

I found this video of how Hogan may have implemented this move. As you mention, it could also cause innumerable problems for many. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODCzUcP6GLk

Cupped wrist to flat wrist to bowed wrist? Hoo boy...that's a lot of stuff going on there in a couple of microseconds. Like I said, for this move you need an awful lot of innate ability that probably can't be taught. Or maybe it can be taught but to repeat it over and over again without over-cooking would be tough. I'm not saying it's wrong, just tough to actually pull off.

7 minutes ago, xrayvizhen said:

Cupped wrist to flat wrist to bowed wrist?

That's part of it, but that alone doesn't lay the shaft down. It just twists the club around the shaft.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades