IGNORED

Pearl Liberty Stand Bag (vs Titleist Sta Dry & Sun Mountain H2O)

Note: This thread is 1905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pearl Liberty Stand Bag vs Sun Mountain H2O vs Titleist Sta Dry

New to the forum but not new to the game, I've been a weekend (summer) hack for 18 years and have only being taking the game seriously for the last couple. Have really enjoyed reading the product reviews and other golf related things so I thought I would put one up myself.

After dragging around a ancient old worn, torn, dirty Taylormade Burner bag around on the days I can't take the (clic gear) buggy I decided to treat myself to a brand spanking new carry bag.

After much research and consideration I landed on a not very well known brand and I must say I am pretty stocked with what I ended up with. A quick synopsis:

- Looks great

- Very light

- Ample (and versatile) storage, with added pockets in the bigger compartments

- Nice little details and finish - solid metal towel holder incorporates a bottle opener, nice loops on all the zips to open and close them easily

I've played a couple of rounds with two mates, one has a Sun Mountain bag the other a Titleist STA dry so I've had a chance to compare.

My Pearl bag is taller than both the Titleist and the Sun mountain bag which I like as it keeps the clubs in the bag a bit more solidly. The Titleist has one storage pocket less but the Sun Mountain has the same amount (5). The Sun Mountain doesn't have a cooler pocket though (not sure how my mate is going to survive Aussie summers without a cold one on the course....) which the Pearl bag does have (thank goodness)

Another major advantage the Pearl bag has over the other two is the 14 way full length divider even though I realise that the other brands also make bags with that option. They started of a bit tight but have worn in slightly but I can image that people with fatter grips might find it a bit annoying at the start

One of the downsides is that the Pearl bag does not seem to be made from water resistant materials where the other two obviously are.

Overall I am wrapped with my choice, the look, feel and functionality easily stand up to the other bags but at less cost and the advantage of the 14 way divider. My mate with the Sun Mountain bag is now considering selling his on Gumtree and getting the same as me. (I am sure it's the cooler pocket that got him 😉)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Glowing4Golf said:

I´m searching for a new golf bag as well and the last 2 were Sun Mountains. The new colours are not my favourites so I´m looking for something new. What is a Pearl bag? Can´t find ?

The OP is in Australia. But I found this.

LIBERTY-STAND-BAG-COOL-GREY-ACID-YELLOW.

First-class Stand Bags ✓ Purchase our Liberty Stand bag at PearlGolf.com ☆ High-class waterproof Stand bags directly from the manufacturer!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ahh thank you very much. Never heard of them I guess.

Just watched out the webshop, the stuff looks quite good. Has someone tried the PearlGolf balls yet? Haven´t read all details but love the packaging of the PurePro.

Asked google a little bit. They are based in germany as far as I can see but also working in the US. 

I also play with their balls. I use the Pro Soft X and absolutely love them.

I used to use the NXT s or occasionally the DT soft but at the price I paid for the Pearl balls and how they perform compared to the Titleist balls I doubt I will ever buy anything else again.

I've got the PurePro and the PureSofts, the bag (that is waterproof btw) and a ball marker.. I'm impressed, and yes... I am a fan of PearlGolf!

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

Bags: Pearl Golf Liberty Stand Bag & Titleist StaDry Cartbag

On 1/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, Glowing4Golf said:

I´ve placed an order. Trying the PurePro and PureProX ... and i couldn´t resist the beer ball marker 😄

Please let me know if you like them! I've been talking about them a lot, would love to read a fellow fan!;)

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade RBZ TP  10.5*, 3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP 15*, Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 22*, Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5- 53*, Wedges: Cleveland RTX 56* & 60*, Putter: Odyssey Versa #7, Ball: Pearl Golf Pure Pro

On 1/26/2019 at 11:25 PM, Abelvis said:

Please let me know if you like them! I've been talking about them a lot, would love to read a fellow fan!;)

Hey Abelvis, 

I got the balls and that´s what I think. I´m not good at all in writing that much but it shows my opinion.

So, I´ve got the balls and what I can say is that I am more than impressed. Didn´t expect that at all but shows me again that I don´t have to spend 50 bucks a dozen for “premium” balls. The last years I already started playing “cheaper” balls because of an injury (shoulder) I lost a lot of swing speed and also weren’t able play golf that often I wanted :/. So I bought nearly everything what´s  around there like Snell, Vice and also some ChromeSoft, which was the ball which accompanied me the last month.

Now I had a very impressive round with the PurePro, which finally will be my ball for the next time because it fits my game. I don´t see a big difference in driver shots , but the first thing I thougt was “they sound very nice”. Okok, I know that’s not really important but I like it when the sound is smooth. So far no big difference to my last balls but then it came to my irons and then my game started. Such a great feeling with a high class of control I haven’t felt a long time (like I´ve mentioned my last ball were Chromesofts from Callaway).

The nearer I got to the hole the more I felt in love with the PurePro.My putter did his work as good as I told him. I also tried the PurePro X but I think I won´t get that swing speed again to get use of the 4th layer. My father tried them and after his usual grumbling about a new ball he asked me to order balls for him. He wants to try PureSoft from PearlGolf and I will do that either.

And now the most important thing: The ball marker with a beer :D, I love it even if its non magnetic but hey, it´s a beer 😄 😄 😄

After all I want to say thank you for drawing my attention to them and I´ve seen that they got some other stuff as well like gloves and so on. At the moment my inventory is filled up with all I need but I think I will definitely order other stuff as well when needed.

• Like 1

That is great to read!

I've had the same with the X, my swingspeed is just not fast enough.. But hey, who cares? The PurePro's do fit your game!

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 1905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!