IGNORED

Any Hershey Country Club Members?

zwon13
Note: This thread is 1891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am gathering information about the Hershey Country Club. There is a 90% chance I will become a member in the coming months. I am trying to gain prospective on family events as I have 5 small kids. I know about the Jr. Golf program during the summer but am wondering about any other activity's they may have available to them. I have not had my walk thru of the property yet. During this time are there things I should ask about or look out for? If any of you are reading this that are not members of HCC but another country club and anything comes to mind please chime in. I have never belonged to a Country Club before. This would be a big commitment, but I believe my family would benefit from the membership as well. I have done some research and have compiled a few questions to ask referring to tee time restrictions, cart cost (is it mandatory), Locker fees, Clinics (fees for them), Guest fees and how many guest I can bring. If I am missing questions I should be asking please let me know. I would like to come out of this meeting as informed as possible and don't want to be surprised by cost halfway throughout the year.

-Zac  W

"Sometimes the biggest problem is in your head. You’ve Got to believe." ~Jack Nicklaus

::tmade:                      :cobra:                                                   :mizuno:                       :odyssey:          

M3                    Max 3 & 5 Woods  & Amp Cell Irons 5-GW             4 iron,SW & LW MP-4               O-Works 7   

If your wife is interested in playing, make sure you understand if there are any restrictions on women's playing times.  This might also be phrased as primary member v. secondary member or family times, to avoid gender discrimination issues.  You should also understand the policy and history for member assessments.

I had never been a private club member until I joined my current club, 25 years ago.  Its one of the best choices I ever made.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It sounds like they have no "dining minimum".  Clubs with a full service dining facility often require members to spend a minimum amount in the dining facility each month or quarter. If one plans to regularly use the dining facility then that is not really an additional cost.

Equity clubs occasionally have member assessments for capital improvements. 

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Thanks I will ask about this. My wife has never played, that could change. But my kids all show interest in the sport. Thankfully Hershey has three course, One is a 9 hole course that is geared to kids but is also open to the public.

bkuehn1952

Bkuehn1952, I do know they do not have dining or quarterly food minimums, only the monthly dues.

-Zac  W

"Sometimes the biggest problem is in your head. You’ve Got to believe." ~Jack Nicklaus

::tmade:                      :cobra:                                                   :mizuno:                       :odyssey:          

M3                    Max 3 & 5 Woods  & Amp Cell Irons 5-GW             4 iron,SW & LW MP-4               O-Works 7   

@dennyjones Thanks, new to the forum. Ill keep this in mind on future post.  

• Like 1

-Zac  W

Note: This thread is 1891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!