IGNORED

My Swing (Andy_Bogies)

Andy_Bogies
Note: This thread is 1914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

It's really tough to say without high speed, particularly since… you shoot 105 with that action?!?!

Your swing doesn't have any glaring faults, which is why high speed video becomes almost "necessary."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's really tough to say without high speed, particularly since… you shoot 105 with that action?!?!

Your swing doesn't have any glaring faults, which is why high speed video becomes almost "necessary."

To be honest, the 105 is an average over the last 17 months I have been playing. I would say my last couple of rounds have been mid to high 90.

Here are the same video's slowed down using iMovie:

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Andy_Bogies said:

Here are the same video's slowed down using iMovie:

I can go frame-by-frame in Analyzr, it's not that… it's that slow motion gives you 4 to 8 times as many frames. 240 FPS.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To be honest that looks like a much better swing than your scores suggest. What do you think causes the scores?

• Administrator

Thanks.

I'd work on two things right now. One's a backswing thing, so you can make a few rehearsals and work on this for three balls, and then do the other for two or three balls as it is a downswing piece.

1: Get a bit more turn out of your backswing.

Put a club across your shoulders and learn what it feels like to turn to the top. You use a bit too much "arms" and not enough "pivot."

01.jpg

2. Transfer forward on the downswing.

Learn to bump or slide the hips forward, to "squish the ketchup packet" under your left foot, in transition and throughout the downswing.

02.jpg

You're relatively flat-footed with very little extra weight/pressure forward at impact.

See Key #2 for more here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the feedback Erik! Are there any drills in particular you would recommend for these areas?

15 hours ago, Nail said:

To be honest that looks like a much better swing than your scores suggest. What do you think causes the scores?

Honestly I don't have a good answer. I don't think my contact is all that great. I think practicing on mats lets me get away with a lot of poor shots. I struggle with bottoming out after the ball/compressing this ball. So a lot of my miss hits are typically ground, then ball and come up fat and short.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was able to get out and get 9 in today. I tried to really focus on that bumping the hip at the transition to start the down swing, and it seemed to do wonders for my iron/wedge play. Much easier to get the club bottoming out ahead of the ball. I think most of my off target shots were due to alignment. However, I noticed when trying to do it for my driver, I was hitting these HUGE banana slices. Is the hip bump movement something a little different when it comes to the driver/fairway metal?

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Andy_Bogies said:

I was able to get out and get 9 in today. I tried to really focus on that bumping the hip at the transition to start the down swing, and it seemed to do wonders for my iron/wedge play. Much easier to get the club bottoming out ahead of the ball. I think most of my off target shots were due to alignment. However, I noticed when trying to do it for my driver, I was hitting these HUGE banana slices. Is the hip bump movement something a little different when it comes to the driver/fairway metal?

You need to work/practice much more before you "try" it on the course, per se.

You were probably doing something different, but I don't know about whether the hips were actually doing that and that it was causing the path to be so far out to in that you got huge slices.

Note: This thread is 1914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!