bones75

3-Round Course Schedule for Group of Friends Tourney

Which course schedule sounds more fun?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which schedule sounds more fun?

• 3x 3-star courses
    • 2x 2-star courses, final round on 4-5 star course

5 posts / 507 viewsLast Reply

7 friends are meeting up in SD (i live here) in the spring for a weekend golf trip. We have agreed on a budget that everyone's on board with. 2 rounds on a saturday, one on Sunday. Pretty serious competition between us all, and we range from 6-14 in index.  Would you rather go 3 rounds at a 3 star course, OR 2 rounds at a 2 star course, and final round at a 4-5 star course. For reference say a 1 star is a bad muni, and a 5 star is torrey pines. I don't want to get in specifics of what a X star course is exactly, so just generally.

I'm in charge of picking the courses, and just curious what you people would enjoy most.

Edited by bones75

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

6 hours ago, bones75 said:

7 friends are meeting up in SD (i live here) in the spring for a weekend golf trip. We have agreed on a budget that everyone's on board with. 2 rounds on a saturday, one on Sunday. Pretty serious competition between us all, and we range from 6-14 in index.  Would you rather go 3 rounds at a 3 star course, OR 2 rounds at a 2 star course, and final round at a 4-5 star course. For reference say a 1 star is a bad muni, and a 5 star is torrey pines. I don't want to get in specifics of what a X star course is exactly, so just generally.

I'm in charge of picking the courses, and just curious what you people would enjoy most.

58 minutes ago, Swooshgolf said:

If these are your only options I would choose the 2x 2star and 1 5star. Cause who doesn't want to play a 5-star course. 😀

I agree with Swoosh. Have the final at the 4-5 star course.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I concur with the earlier replies, I would rather save a few bucks on the first two rounds and go all out on Sunday. That being said I wouldn't want the first two courses to be a dump either.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Didnt think itd be so 1 sided, but certainly answers my question on what to do, so tx!