IGNORED

Wildlife

Cantankerish

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

IMG_1128a.thumb.jpg.e7973331aa75073e05777728fc593d39.jpg

Can I get a ruling?  I was ready to wade into the water if I needed to, but something stopped me. (You may have to look carefully.) I do not want to end up like Chubbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZeVT9WOqsc

happy-gilmore-chubbs.jpg

The green is beyond the upper right of the image.  After laughing at me argue with myself about what to do with this lie, my cart mate gave me a drop well away from this point, but I do not know the actual ruling.

Edited by Cantankerish

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16.2 Dangerous Animal Condition
a. When Relief Is Allowed
A “dangerous animal condition” exists when a dangerous animal (such as poisonous snakes, stinging bees, alligators, fire ants or bears) near a ball could cause serious physical injury to the player if he or she had to play the ball as it lies.

A player may take relief under Rule 16.2b from interference by a dangerous animal condition no matter where his or her ball is on the course, except that relief is not allowed:

When playing the ball as it lies is clearly unreasonable because of something other than the dangerous animal condition (for example, when a player is unable to make a stroke because of where the ball lies in a bush), or

When interference exists only because the player chooses a club, type of stance or swing or direction of play that is clearly unreasonable under the circumstances.

b. Relief for Dangerous Animal Condition
When there is interference by a dangerous animal condition:

(1) When Ball Is Anywhere Except Penalty Area. The player may take relief under Rule 16.1b, c or d, depending on whether the ball is in the general area, in a bunker or on the putting green.
(2) When Ball Is in Penalty Area. The player may take free relief or penalty relief:
Free Relief: Playing from Inside Penalty Area. The player may take free relief under Rule 16.1b, except that the nearest point of complete relief and the relief area must be in the penalty area.

Penalty Relief: Playing from Outside Penalty Area.

The player may take penalty relief under Rule 17.1d.

If there is interference by a dangerous animal condition where the ball would be played after taking this penalty relief outside the penalty area, the player may take further relief under (1) without additional penalty.

For purposes of this Rule, the nearest point of complete relief means the nearest point (not nearer the hole) where the dangerous animal condition does not exist.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1
"Age improves with wine."

Wishon 919THI 11*
Wishon 925HL 4w
Wishon 335HL 3h & 4h
Wishon 755pc 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i & 9i
Tad Moore 485 PW
Callaway X 54*
Ping G2 Anser C
Callaway SuperSoft
Titleist StaDry
Kangaroo Hillcrest AB

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!