4 posts / 634 viewsLast Reply

Hello trappers..

I recently purchased a second hand set at a garage sale and found this gem in the bag, I did some research on the Teardrop company, sadly closed down in the 90's.

Apparently some tour players had these Teardrop putters, any trappers that can remember these putters?

original grip still on and in perfect condition.. not sure if I should keep it?

20190213_205613_resized.jpg

20190213_205618_resized.jpg

20190213_205629_resized.jpg

20190213_205643_resized.jpg

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Those are sweet putters. And based on your photos it looks like it's in great shape. 

I had a similar model, the TD31, and it was one of the best putters I ever owned. Great touch for fast greens. Sadly, it was lost during a move many years ago. Been searching eBay ever since but haven't found one in good condition. 

My advice would be to try it for 10 or 12 rounds and if it doesn' work, see what it will fetch on eBay. You might do even better in trade at a retail golf shop. 

Just my .02 worth. 

I had one back in the day.  It was a pretty good putter, but really kind of a solution in search of a problem...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • during edit it became a double post, so ive deleted all from this one, but have to add one chart i cant add in to the first post.
    • Make sure you can see where you make impact on the face. The numbers above is form a impact LOW on the face, where launch is low and spin is high. In your case there is room for improvement if you can dial in a better impact position, so make sure impact is on the upper 1/3 of the face. If your preference for ball flight is a draw, the upper 1/3 and 3/8 to 4/8" against the toe side is what makes the longest carry. The same club, shaft player and swing, might see spin levels from 4000 to below 2000 ALL depending on where we make impact (height) Launch angle might vary by up to 4* from low on the face to the upper 1/3, so just by dialing in a better impact, you can both gain a few miles ball speed, get launch angle 2 or maybe 3 higher, and cut spin levels below 2400. AS average we see a difference of 240 rpms of spin for each 1/8" we go up or down on the face, so to get below 3000, we need to move impact 3/8" higher than its now, but i suspect it to be way down, so your potential for improvement is very good. For ball speed, 154 is within reach, and if we say launch goes up by 2* and we  raise impact by 6/8 we should see 1400-1500 as drop in spin, and if we enter those numbers on Flightscope optimizer (who give shorter return numbers than Trackman), it will look like this. All numbers from Flighstscope so we get the DIFFERENCE right. 151.5 Ball speed - 10.7 Launch - 3667 spin = 234 carry - 251 Total 154 Ball speed - 12.7 Launch - 2250 spin = 251 carry - 278 total About 16 yards more carry...total is depending on fairways, and lower spin is always more roll. Its still more than "1 club shorter inn" to get from the same club and swing. Both Trackman and Flightscope has CHANGED their algorithms lately, Trackman return numbers has become longer than they was, Flightscope has gone the other way and return shorter numbers, but dont ask me why, its just a observation where i notice that Flightscope has shrink-ed their numbers average about 5%, i dont have a number for Trackman, but i seems like 3-4% longer, so they are now close to the generous distances we might see from CG2,   I made this chart using Flighscope optimizer a few years ago, and they are more inline whit what Trackman returns now. They was made to illustrate what we could gain simply by dialing in a better impact, so start numbers for spin and launch comes from Trackmans Optimum charts, but ive used 1.5 as smash instead of 1.48 as they use on their charts as the max for 100 mph club speed.
    • It should apply to anything you order from them, but you don’t need that thing and I recommend just kneeling on a towel or something.
    • To make this right, club length alone is not enough, we need "the 3 holy" parameters set right for the actual player, and those are Play length, Total weight, and Balance or how the player feels the weight distribution between head shaft and grip. Way to many player has the idea that the longer the shaft is, the more club speed are we able to generate, but thats not true at all, since its also a question of total weight and balance or resistance if you like. At some point we can no longer gain club speed, and all we get going longer than that is inconsistent impact. No drivers has the same BALL speed all over the face, so unless we are able to make impact where COR is at the max, we loose ball speed and distance, and impact who is to far out from VCOG puts horizontal gear effects to play, so we also loose directional dispersion. Thats why Tour players dont play standard, they loose directional dispersion and cant choose what side of the fairway they wants their lay up, so a potential few yards longer as max cant pay back what we loose on dispersion. Ive wrote a DIY driver tune up guide, who is the same method ive been using during fitting of players of all levels, and it works. You WILL improve both your average distance, AND dispersion, and thats good for scoring, so unless the club we make is for LONG DRIVING, most players benefit from going shorter than standard. If you fit to play "standard" length irons, 44.00" is a good match on the driver, and if your irons is plus 0.5" you might add the same to the driver who then becomes 44.50". Elite amateurs and PROs with a very good eye to hand coordination might add up to 0.5" inch on those numbers. ONLY players with a natural flat swing plane, with a very good eye to hand coordination will benefit from a driver longer than this, and thats why i never made a driver longer than 45.00"  When we go shorter we loos SW or feel of head weight, but DONT reset the original value, but use this opportunity to find what works the best for you, and that might be both lower or higher than standard, so dont trace "standard values", its not the same as that they work for you.  During this testing, lead tape is a must, and if you dont want to play with lead tape there is other options when you know how much weight is needed, but until then lead tape is whats needed so we can dial in what works the best. Total weight is also important, and when we go shorter, we can use 5 grams pr inch UP on shaft weight as rule of thumb, so if we have a club thats 45.00" who feel right on shaft weight, that shaft is not ideal at 44.00", so when going shorter, we should start from a shaft weight ABOVE our needs. About distance and ball speed. Many players who plays a standard length driver has a average PTR or Smash factor below 1.44 (on Trackman or Flightscope), and if this player has 100 mph as measured club speed he gets average 144 mph ball speed. If he can keep the same club speed, and improve his impact, he should be able to see a PTR of 1.50 to 1.52 as the max, (or 150 to 152 ball speed in this case), and for each mpg ball speed we can gain, we get average 2 yards more carry. The average player has the potential to improve ball speed from 144 to 150 or 152, so thats 6-8 Mph ball speed or 12-16 yards more carry, but now with better dispersion side ways. Some player will actually GAIN club speed going shorter, AND improve impact at the same time, so its all about finding the players limit for how long a club he should play, what total weight that club should have, and what balance, the rest is feel, and LOFT to get ball flight as we want it. Those who doubt this should give it a try them self, and pay attention to impact pattern on the face. Ideal for a draw is on the upper 1/3 of the face, 3/8 to 0.5" against the toe side, but to really make it right, we should start by finding where VCOG i located on the face. .
    • I’ve lifted weights for years, long before I ever played golf. I can only assume it helped because I always get complimented on my power. I hit it further than anyone I play with (just not straight lol) I weight train for strength and size primarily 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. ghphjuriya
      ghphjuriya
      (27 years old)
    2. GolfGuy1980
      GolfGuy1980
      (39 years old)
    3. RyckyRych
      RyckyRych
      (50 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...