IGNORED

Titleist vs. Mizuno irons

Note: This thread is 5077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just a note:
When considering titleist vs. Mizuno, try to focus on the Mizuno Mp Line as opposed to the MX line, as the Mx are just simply not as good as the MP irons. On that note, I gotta go with Mizuno. The ability to make shots with those clubs is absolutely second to none. The set of Mizunos that I am playing now was my first set of mens irons. After this year, I intend to get a set of 32's, unless another club can better it.

Monster Tour 10.5* w/ Redboard 63
FP400f 14.5* w/ GD YSQ
Idea Pro 18* w/ VS Proto 80s
MP FLi-Hi 21 w/ S300
CG1 BP w/ PX 6.0 SM 54.11 SM 60.08 Sophia 33"

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was addicted to titleist irons for awhile. The 695 cb's just felt crazy good when struck well. But I do love Mizuno and I got a frickin deal on the price for my MP-30's. It was pretty much a new set 3-PW for $320. My driver was more expensive than that.

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

I'm undecided. Ive hit my own 990b's and some 735cm's...are Mizunos that much better feeling on a well struck ball?
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300
Vokey 52º~58ºSM DG Wedge FlexBlack 9iSG4

I'm undecided. Ive hit my own 990b's and some 735cm's...are Mizunos that much better feeling on a well struck ball?

yes. they really are better feeling on a well struck ball as well as a mis-hit

-WITB- USGA Index - 1.5
------------------------
Driver --Titleist 907D2 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
F.W. --Titleist 906F4 15.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard
Irons --Mizuno MP-57 - Project X 6.0Wedges --Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 58* - Dynamic Gold X100Putter --Cameron...

Mizuno, even the MX series forged irons have the butter feel, but the MP line is much better.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

• 5 weeks later...

Mizuno looks have always been just impressive, much better than Titleist’s. Both are very very good irons, but the aesthetics of the Mizuno’s really make the decision easy.

I just bought the MP-57's yesterday. Couldn't be happier so far with them.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I purchased the MP-57's this winter. They are a great feeling set of irons. I find them shorter hitting then last seasons R7's, but are way better feeling.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

I purchased the MP-57's this winter. They are a great feeling set of irons. I find them shorter hitting then last seasons R7's, but are way better feeling.

Yeah, they are higher lofts on each club I believe.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

MP-57 hands down.

909 D2 10.5* Diamana stiff
909 F2 15.5* Diamana stiff
909 h 21*
909 h 24*
MP-57 5 - PW Project X 5.5 stiff Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Putter Black Series 1 Sumo Bag GX1 and uPro GPS

I've tried both the Mizuno's as well as the Titleists. They really felt very, very similar. Titleist had a better fitting program than Mizuno. I couldn't be fit for the mizuno's as for the titleist . That's why I went for the Titleist.
Both are really great and I don't regret buying it.

In the bag:

Driver: R7 460 10.5*
Hybrid: Heavenwood H3 20*
Irons: AP2 3-PWWedge #1: CG12 52*Wedge #2: CG12 58*Putter: 2-ball

Short and Simple

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

Just a note:

Just curious - why is the MP line better. I am considering the MX-25 VS MP-57. Thanks

In my Sun Mountain 3.5 light stand bag:

Driver: Burner (10.5 degree)
Hybrids: 3DX DC (17 degree)
Irons: Taylormade R7 (4-AW)SW: Vokey Spin Milled (56 degree)Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (coming soon)Balls: Pro V1 and NXT Tour

kiwigold, Better is subjective. The MX line tends to be more in the game improvement vein, whereas the MP line is more of a players club. So a tour pro might think that the MP is better, but an 18 handicap might think the MX is better.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I'm glad I found this thread!! So I am wondering now, if Mizuno's are so good, why don't more pro's use them? Is it a matter of sponsorship and/or just a preference thing? For all the people in this thread who have Titleist irons and loves them, but think the feel of the Mizuno's are better, why did you choose Titleist instead?

What is the difference between the MP-57 and MP-60 irons?

I am so tempted by the MP-32 just from their looks. They are absolutely beautiful. I may just go and try them out on the weekend...

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

you need to the 32's are the best iron i have ever hit and trust me i have hit a lot of different irons. 57 i think has a little more muscle back than the 60's but essentially they are the same.

Note: This thread is 5077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!