IGNORED

The Differnce a New Putter Makes

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally plunked down the 140.00 my local pro shop wanted for an Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie putter I had my eyes on, and immediately took it out for a round. Didn't even practice with it. Wow. My last putter was a TM Imola blade, too long and light. I got the new one in 34 inches and the head is much heavier. Despite the front nine getting used to speed and distance, the back bincr came off beautifully, and I holed an 18 bending, downhill fringe putt on 18 to save par. What a difference in confidance a new piece of equipment has on you overall.

Highly recommended.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

Finally plunked down the 140.00 my local pro shop wanted for an Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie putter I had my eyes on, and immediately took it out for a round. Didn't even practice with it. Wow. My last putter was a TM Imola blade, too long and light. I got the new one in 34 inches and the head is much heavier. Despite the front nine getting used to speed and distance, the back bincr came off beautifully, and I holed an 18 bending, downhill fringe putt on 18 to save par. What a difference in confidance a new piece of equipment has on you overall.

Love Odyssey putters.

I was at a local shop and was just testing out some new putters because the one I have is way too light and gives me a tough time. I went and tested out the Odyssey Sabertooth putter and fell in love with it. Very comfortable in the hands and I'm able to get a beautiful, smooth stroke with it. Didn't buy it, but might have to fork out for it soon.

I'm getting a putter soon aswell. Might be an odyssey, or maybe a bettinardi. I don't know yet.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

it's all about confidence

I have this thing about OTR putters... I just have to change things to make it feel unique and my own. Could be something small like changing the grip right away or reshafting with a heavier shaft... say a nippon putter shaft (of if im bold a graphite, but have yet to travel down that road)

I love to get my sticks refinished (oil can is great but the upkeep is a lot)

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

this is a very interesting post (for me .. at least)

i have been playing with and Odyssey-White-Hot-XG-2-Ball-Blade putter ........ COPY !! (I am in Thailand )

but 3 weeks ago i bought an original from Bangkok (for about 5X 'times' the price)

but the difference it has made is inquantifiable !!

I honestly beleive it is a 'placebo' effect (because the weight is in-distinguishable) but the contact between the face and the ball 'seems' nicer, that has helped my putting stats !!!?

I honestly don't think the putter makes the difference .. i think it is what "You" think, makes the difference is what helps..
if that is an expensive putter / or your old putter from child-hood.. then so be it..

as the poster above stated ....'confidence' !

Driver: KZG Gemini 10.5° Custom Build (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
7 Wood: Mizuno MP001 21° (Grafalloy ProLite 35)
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 (3i-PW)
GW/SW/LW: Cleveland 900 Tour Action 52°/56°/60°
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
Ball: TaylorMade TP Red / Srixon Z-Star

Bought a Scotty Cameron yesterday. Gotted rained out today, so haven't hit it for real yet. Family room, only. I'm now guaranteed to make EVERYTHING I look at, right?
Swing hard in case you hit it.
DECA

Bought a Scotty Cameron yesterday. Gotted rained out today, so haven't hit it for real yet. Family room, only. I'm now guaranteed to make EVERYTHING I look at, right?

Make that "got" rained out and DEAC.

button is your friend.
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

did you have the T-Made Rossa Imola 8?

I love the look of that thing, and you didn't like it?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

i've got to get fitted for a putter.

I recently was fitted - and wow what a difference. Of course now I several putters laying around that have all been replaced.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

did you have the T-Made Rossa Imola 8?

Yep. That's it exactly. It's a very classic looking putter, but tough to align (only a white dot on the topline), and way too light for the municipal greens I play on. Plus it was too long, I'm 6 foot and had to choke down on it to get my eyes over the ball. Just couldn't control distance very well at all.

It might work much better for a better player, though.

Jason Allison
---------------
In my stand bag (which I carry on my OWN back):

10.5* Burner driver Burner 15* 3 wood Burner Rescue 19* Hybrid FP II irons, 4 thru GW No. 588 56* Sand and 60* Lob wedges White Hot XG Tour Rossie Putter NXT Tour ballsOnPar GPS deviceAnd ALL my shafts are stiff.

The biggest thing a new putter helps with his your confidence...I had a 120 dollar Ping Anser G5I, and i was putting terrible...so I went to my local pro shop and found this Tour Edge putter, and I was feeling it, and it felt real nice...so, I bought it (HOW COULD YOU BEAT THE 30 DOLLAR PRICE TAG? LOL) it was a low risk/high reward item...

after about a month with it, i love it. i can't beat it right now for the price. I haven't three putted in about 40 holes...which is VERY VERY good for me (i really struggle on putts over 20 feet to get them close)...and I only had 29 putts in my last tournament round, which I consider pretty low.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Ever since splurging and buying my Scotty Cameron, my putting has been excellent!!!

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Note: This thread is 5755 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!