IGNORED

2005 ESPN Fantasy Golf League

iacas
Note: This thread is 6736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Bah. I knew I should've gone with Bill Haas instead of Tommy Armour III. Hopefully the hangover will wear off sometime before this round is over and he'll actually manage to break even.

Heh heh heh. Four under on his first four holes. That soytenly helps!!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slicey. During the Sony Open I had a MKT value of 50.1. I think it was because of what you mentioned, because I had a player from the week before, that player didn't use his adjusted score for that week, rather the score that I picked him up for.

Rafcin has the same foursome I initially was going to use. Switched mine up a bit.

Don't know if you guys looked at the leaders, but a few of them maybe forgot to make picks occording to this being a 5 day event. One dude only has one player for this week. HAHAHA.

Bill Haas looks like a hell of a pick so far. Eventually one of these Nationwide guys are going to break through. This may be Bill's week.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator

I tell ya Ben, you made some good picks for round one. Your guys have as many birdies as anyone else, but they're almost all on different holes. That's ideal. Heck, you only need 4 or 5 birdies/person if they're all spaced out like that. You're already -10. I'm back at -8 currently.

Dunno what Tom (Balls and Sticks) was thinking, with three people out. Braswell (Williamsburg) has been busy lately (seen any posts from him on the blog lately?), so he must have just missed it. He's only got two going, and one is Duval.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Dunno what Tom (Balls and Sticks) was thinking, with three people out. Braswell (Williamsburg) has been busy lately (seen any posts from him on the blog lately?), so he must have just missed it. He's only got two going, and one is Duval.

That reminds me to go look at my team (which carried over from last week cuz I forgot to go edit) to see what's happening. I'm glad I don't have Duval... +7 after 10. Ouch.

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

So what's that saying about my team, also at -4 at the moment? Heh. Stupid Ernie Els not playing.. Stupid tournament starting on Wednesday. Going to set up some kind of reminder on my calendar to go fix my team every week...

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

So what's that saying about my team, also at -4 at the moment? Heh. Stupid Ernie Els not playing.. Stupid tournament starting on Wednesday. Going to set up some kind of reminder on my calendar to go fix my team every week...

Hey you have -4 under with only three people. I have four starting.

I saw that you kept Els. I thought maybe you had some new strategy where you kept him at your locked rate versus market rate. I also had Els but I dropped him before the Bob Hope started.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

...He's only got two going, and one is Duval.

Maybe a little bit off topic.. sorry.

I use to be big DD's fan but.... BIRDIES T151 PARS T113 BOGEYS T2 DOUBLE BOGEYS T8 DRIVING ACCURACY 154 DRIVING DISTANCE 132 PUTTS PER ROUND T78 PUTTS PER 152 GREENS IN REG 153 SAND SAVES T54 With these stats from Buick he has balls to tell reporters, that he played only 5 holes of golf this year? After that speach about how much he misses to be out there watching the guys at the PGA Championship? Reality check DD. Fess up or make some room for other players who actually CARE about the game.

I tell ya Ben, you made some good picks for round one. Your guys have as many birdies as anyone else, but they're almost all on different holes. That's ideal. Heck, you only need 4 or 5 birdies/person if they're all spaced out like that.

Thanks man. Last week was just so damn dissapointing. I'd really like to break into the top 100 again. Looks like my boys are doing me well so far.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Well looks like I'm in the clubhouse with a -9. I really thought Love III was going to turn in a better score. Hopefully tomorrow he can post a lower score.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

• Administrator
Well looks like I'm in the clubhouse with a -9. I really thought Love III was going to turn in a better score. Hopefully tomorrow he can post a lower score.

I'm in at -14, which I believe ties me for the first day lead within our little group here. Feel bad for the folks who forgot the tournament didn't start until tomorrow...

After a super-slow start, it looks like my foursome pulled it together and Tommy sobered up. Big thanks to Love III for his Eagle on the 18th, too. Man, that helped. I'm not nearly as far back as I thought I was going to be.

I think I was a recipient of those alternate hole birdies Erik was mentioning.

Damnit, you caught me iacas?! Looks as though everyone is going to score well this week with all these crazy subpar rounds.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm just happy Freddie Couples finally came through for me! I wouldn't worry too much about DLIII he started today at PGA west, and his scores should come down the next couple of days.

I like the format of the tourney and luckily, all four of my players were playing four seperate courses, hopefully that should help scoring for the next three days.

I'm just happy Freddie Couples finally came through for me! I wouldn't worry too much about DLIII he started today at PGA west, and his scores should come down the next couple of days.

Bah. Freddie was horrible for me last week. Lucky dog.

Well, today went pretty alright. The morning didn't look too hot for me as all my guys were birdieing the same holes. Ended up at -15. GO PHIL!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Must be nice. I'm almost certain I'll only have three golfers left after the cut, maybe less. My guys just aren't playing as well as I'd expected them to. Especially Weir (the one who will miss the cut), I have no idea why he's not shooting lower.

Yeah, Weir's play comes as a shock to me too. I was close to picking him for my team cause he usually shoots pretty low in the desert...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 6736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!