Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dweso

Mizuno MX-100's vs. MX-19's?

9 posts in this topic

Hey I was just wondering how similar the mizuno mx-100 and the mizuno mx-19 irons are besides the fact that the mx-100's 4 and 5 irons are hybrids? If any knows some similarities or differences please post. Thanks!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Basically the MX-100 is just the replacement model for the MX-19 (much as MX-200 is the replacement for MX-25). Both are super game improvement irons that are very forgiving, but still forged. Of course the hybrids are a difference, but beyond that it's just the usual 'tweaks' for a new model. They are a little smaller than the MX-19's as well, but not a big difference. They still feel like Mizunos, which is always a good thing.

Basically the MX-100 is just the replacement model for the MX-19 (much as MX-200 is the replacement for MX-25). Both are super game improvement irons that are very forgiving,

pretty sure the mx 100's aren't forged.

pretty sure the mx 100's aren't forged.

That is correct. I had thought they were forged, but sure enough, they are not. Good catch. Sorry for the misinformation.

The MX100's have a wider sole than the MX19's, most noticeably in the 6 & 7 irons. I think the 19's are a better looking club, don't care for the yellow & blue graphics on the 100's, and after hitting the 100's, did not find them any better than the 19's. Of course, I may be biased, as I play MX19's.

The MX100's have a wider sole than the MX19's, most noticeably in the 6 & 7 irons. I think the 19's are a better looking club, don't care for the yellow & blue graphics on the 100's, and after hitting the 100's, did not find them any better than the 19's. Of course, I may be biased, as I play MX19's.

Have you been very happy with your mx-19s because im thinking about buying a set real soon, trying to switch to a more forgiving club?

Have you been very happy with your mx-19s because im thinking about buying a set real soon, trying to switch to a more forgiving club?

I've been very satisfied with the 19's. They have less offset in the short irons than the Callaways I had, and I like the way the Dynalite Gold SL shafts play. I don't get too concerned with working the ball, although it is possible with these, a high, straight ball flight works real well for me most of the time.