IGNORED

How long do your spikes last?

Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

yeah that sounds a little soon...okay a lot soon. I mean I don't have FJ so I don't use the same spikes but even when I did it wasn't that bad...they did have to be replaced much more often than the adidas spikes though. I didn't think they where that pricy but the rate you are going through them it would be.

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

• 3 weeks later...
I play right handed and every 30 shots or so that I hit, 2 or 3 of my spikes on my left shoe (all at the toe-end of my shoe) are shredded...is this common for you guys too? There are obviously certain factors that contribute to the spikes wear and tear, such as how much one rotates on the foot, how much one weighs, the torque on the spikes etc...

I would say you should just alter your swing so all of your weight is on your right foot and no weight shift occurs

Or, can you try flaring your left foot out a little more toward your target, could be your not flexible enough and your foot is twisting open on your thru swing. If this problem is occuring while you're walking, you could try walking on your heels with your toes held up as you walk.

DRIVER: 905r 8.5 UST V2 75 X
3 WOOD: 906f2 15 UST 85 X
HYBRID/IRON: Rapture Hybrid/3 Iron
IRONS: MX 200 Dynamic Gold X100
WEDGES: 52, 56, 60 600PUTTER: Geurin Rife Two Bar BALLS: Pro V1xGLOVE: SoftjoySHOES: Reelfit "Do those pump up?"BAG: Sun Mountain

Something's wrong there.

I'll get 50 rounds or so out of a set of spikes.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never replaced the spikes on my shoes and they are 4 years old hahaha

I play 3 rounds a week with them. I might be missing 2 or 3 teeth but nothing bad.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I've had more of a problem with them falling out as opposed to wearing out. Lately I've been more in tune to feeling it the instant a spike comes out and I can just put it right back in. And I've also found a few extra on the course for when the inevitable event happens

just like everyone else here, I am amazed at how frequently you wreck spikes. I just got my nike's this year and put close to 30 rounds on it and spikes are still gripping great and look just fine. They've got champs stingers on them. I'm really curious about your weight and your swing characteristics now and how that happens. You're obviously very good with a 3 index.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am 6'4" and weigh in at 270lbs... my spikes last about 25-35 rounds I think. I usually change them once a season or so, and I have two pair of shoes and play about 50-75 times a year.

I have noticed the pulsars wore out a little faster... Black Widows seem to last longer, as do the Stingers (which I just switched to this year and really like).

I would have to agree that there must be something screwy going on with you.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I change mine like once a season.. Just stay off cart paths and walk in the grass as much as possible..

Note: This thread is 5369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!