IGNORED

dallas area courses with good drainage?

Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For the Dallas folks out here, I just wanted to see if you guys have had any exp with courses out there that were at least decent to play after a weekends worth of rain, such as we've had recently.

I remember when I used to live in Houston, you could get out to some courses reliably after a mighty rain...but it would also be 102 degrees with no cloud cover and humid like a sauna...but at least the ground was okay to play from since it'd be baking. Houston, rainy and 60 degrees one day, 102 and sunny the next. How I miss it. lol.

Anyhow, thanks in advance, as I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms from not playing all weekend and part of last week due to the lousy weather. I just want to get out there and play as soon as possible!

Give Firewheel a call--they have good drainage.

Stay away from Castle Hills and Coyote Ridge--stay soaked for a while.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks for the replys ya'll...a lot of times when you call they are like 'oh yeah sure its dry enough, come over and give us your money' LOL, just kidding, but I can imagine the slight chance that might be an issue. Once again, thanks folks. Tomorrow AM I'll give Firewheel a call.

Another way to figure this out---take a look at rainfall amounts across the metroplex over the past two weeks. We've gotten a ton up north (Plano, Allen, McKinney)and in the south west (Mansfield). I have the feeling that the south eastern part of the metroplex hasn't had as much rain.

Those courses would include the following:

Countryview (Lancaster) http://www.countryviewgolfcourse.com/

Creekview golf course (Crandall) http://www.creekviewgolf.com/

The Old Brickyard in Ennis is down there also. Questionable drainage at that course.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I have a tee time at Indian Creek tomorrow at 2:30. With another day of rain apparently coming tomorrow (70% chance), would anyone be able to take a guess at how playable it will be assuming it does not rain tomorrow?
Driver - Sumo 5900 (9.5°) S
3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X
Hybrid - 4DX Ironwood 3 (20°) S
Irons: 4-PW - Victory Reds Full Cavity S
Wedge - CG14 (56°)Putter - Red X5 35"Ball - e6+Scores with New Bag:95, 83, 86

Note: This thread is 5335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!