IGNORED

What ball do you use

Note: This thread is 4926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

prov1x and callaway tour ix

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The left one

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

My game is pretty erratic so I like the more budget oriented varieties. I've tried just about every ball out there this year, I get them used from a local shop and give them a try. I've settled on the Srixon AD333 and Bridgestone E6+ as my favorites. I also like the Precept LaddieX, it seems to be quite long. Not as soft feeling, IMO, as the other two listed but it's not bad.

Only ball I can truly say I didn't like, the Bridestone B330. I was a full club to club and a half short with three separate B330s.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Only ball I can truly say I didn't like, the Bridestone B330. I was a full club to club and a half short with three separate B330s.

Interesting. I like the E7s and E6s - fine ball for the money. I was pretty disappointed with the B330-RX the first time I used them. Then I found that that was all I had in the trunk, so I played them again. Now, it is my tournament ball of choice. On a full shot to the green, I want the ball to stick where I hit it and the B330s does that. I also like it a bit better off the putter than the Titleist Pro-V1x.

I got a sleeve of the B330-S, but never got around to giving them a go. And now that it's getting much cooler, I pretty much missed the opportunity to give them a fair shot (at least for this year).

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Maybe compression level is too high for you? I stick with the softer balls myself...technique lacks a bit for me to really kill the better balls.

Nike Distance Soft
Nike One Vapor
Taylor Made TP LDP Red

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

From all the driving distances I see posted here I must be the shortest driver here. I have been using the Callaway Warbird Plus. Doesn't stop worth a darn but I get a lot of extra carry.

as $ allows

ProV - switched from B330S after several months. Quite happy with switch.

909D3 Driver 10.5*
909F3 Fairway Metal 15*
909H Hybrid 19*
AP1 3-4 Irons
AP2 5-8 Irons ZB 9 Iron & PW Oilcan Spin Mill 54* & 58* Studio Select Newport 2 SG5

i just started playing but i like the noodles and the maxfli solid core i hit it straiter with those then the others

driver-adams insight xtd 10.5*
hybrid-taylormade burner rescue 4 22*
irons-nike sumo 4-9 pw aw sw
putter-ping anser 4
bag still under review!

I've tried them all.... in the end, the B330-S seemed to be the best all around. Not the longest, not the softest, not the highest wedge spin.... just right in the middle.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

• 7 months later...
Shot an 81 this weekend with a Maxfli Noodle (one ball the whole round!)

I keep thinking about picking up a box. I always get torn between those and the Mojo, but I end up leaving with Callaway's 07 Warbirds for some reason.

Note: This thread is 4926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!