IGNORED

Titleist Driver or something else

jamo
Note: This thread is 5306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking to buy a Titleist driver, either the 909D2 or the 907D2(most likely the 907 because its 1/2 the price). I'm wondering about anyone else's experience with them. I currently have a TM r7 Superquad and i love it but i need to get fitted, which brings me to my next question- how much would it be to get fitted. I only really need to get fitted for a shaft, as i have already been fitted for lie, length etc. and ironically enough, i fit all of the standard measurements. The only problem with my Superquad is that i have about a 105 MPH swing speed, yet hit the ball only about 250, though i hit my irons farther than most.

So i guess i am asking, should i (COULD I?) just get fitted for a new shaft for my Superquad, or should i lay out the extra $200-$400 and just get a new Titleist????

Alsom how much does fitting cost????

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I say to get fitted for a new shaft for your Quad. I went from my R7 Limited with stock Ozik, to a Ping G10, to a Titleist 909. Lo and behold, I'm back to my R7 with a Whiteboard. This shaft has brought my R7 to life! The Superquad is an awesome head and can be a cannon with the right shaft for your swing.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I play the 909 D2 and it is an awesome driver. Easy to work the ball and get the distance on it. Also one of the stock shafts is the Aldila voodoo which I have had nothing but good experiences with.

In my Ping bag:
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*

3 Wood: Nickent Pro
Irons: Titleist AP2 Project x 5.5Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Detour 1 (just ordered it)

I've become a huge fan of Titleist's equipment. I have the 909D3 and unless some new groundbreaking technology comes out which I doubt, I
can't see changing anytime soon.

TaylorMade SuperQuad is a solid driver too. I believe some tour pros still play it, but I've just never been a big fan of TaylorMade stuff. The way they release two or three drivers a year just turns me off.

To each their own as they say. I think you'll like the 907 or 909 though.

I have been playing Titleist drivers since the 975D, currently playing the 909D3 10.5 with VooDoo Stiff shaft. Love it. Tried the 909D2 and took it back after 4 rounds - it balloon too much on me. Quite happy with the D3.

Happy Hunting.

909D3 Driver 10.5*
909F3 Fairway Metal 15*
909H Hybrid 19*
AP1 3-4 Irons
AP2 5-8 Irons ZB 9 Iron & PW Oilcan Spin Mill 54* & 58* Studio Select Newport 2 SG5

Tried the 909D2 and took it back after 4 rounds - it ballon too much on me. Quite happy with the D3.

Had to have been some shaft difference or loft difference between the D2 you tried and the D3 you tried? Assuming the same loft and same shaft, there's not a whole lot of difference in the two heads. I tried both on the Trackman monitor and both gave me identical numbers.

D2 & D3 were both 10.5 VooDoo shafts. Stock shafts are like that - luck of the draw. Launch monitor results were a tad better with the D3.

909D3 Driver 10.5*
909F3 Fairway Metal 15*
909H Hybrid 19*
AP1 3-4 Irons
AP2 5-8 Irons ZB 9 Iron & PW Oilcan Spin Mill 54* & 58* Studio Select Newport 2 SG5

I'm looking to buy a Titleist driver, either the 909D2 or the 907D2(most likely the 907 because its 1/2 the price). I'm wondering about anyone else's experience with them. I currently have a TM r7 Superquad and i love it but i need to get fitted, which brings me to my next question- how much would it be to get fitted. I only really need to get fitted for a shaft, as i have already been fitted for lie, length etc. and ironically enough, i fit all of the standard measurements. The only problem with my Superquad is that i have about a 105 MPH swing speed, yet hit the ball only about 250, though i hit my irons farther than most.

Speaking from experience, if you're considering reshafting an old driver with a premium shaft, you might as well get a new driver. You say you swing 105 which, please don't take offense, but it's probably more like 100 mph due to inaccuracies, lack of equipment calibration, etc. 250 yards is about right. People think fitting is a miracle answer, but you're probably not going to increase your carry that much to justify reshafting an old driver.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

my vote is stick with the r7, its a great club and as previously stated it can be a "cannon" haha. its got alot of pop from my previous experiences with it. as for shafts, my vote is always with aldila. i currently play the vs proto 'by you' in my driver and 3wood and the shaft is down right insane in my opinion. its very consistent and allows me to hit varying ball flights on command(high, low, etc.). getting fitted for a shaft should cost around $50, and then the cost of the shaft will be more obviously. with a 100-105mph swing go with a stiff flex, and depending on your ball flight pick the shaft that gives you YOUR optimal ballflight. with that club head you can definitely get some more distance with the right shaft, remember the shaft is the engine to any golf club.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I say get fitted at a place where you can try out shafts for your R7 and the 907D2.

I hit a friend's 907D2 with a Proforce V2 shaft in it. Was flying over the 250 out fence every time. Thing FLEW off the face.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

Until recently (swing change), I loved my 909D2, its an outstanding club. To be honest though, I would reshaft the superquad, In my experience, the only thing that matters in the shaft, if I put my shaft in a superquad, I can not imagine much of a difference in performance. Get the best shaft for you.

Fitting is a great option, but remember, that the shaft is going to suit, how you are swinging it for that 45minute period, so if this is not how u normally swing it, then it is not going to help. I spent hours on the range and on the launch monitor before I purchased my last set, but to be honest, with my handicap, I just do not have hte consistency for any fitting to be perfect.

In saying that, the ball flight I get with my D2 (historically) has been exactly what I was looking for, the club is longer than my last driver, but I put this down to the ball flight from the shaft not the titliest vs callaway head.

My view...fit the superquad with a new shaft, but try plenty and a few times. If you have the cash and just wnat something newer, hey go ahead and get a new one!!!

Also, if you're serious about getting driver-fitted, use a Trackman launch monitor at about $100 per hour. It's done outside with real conditions and it tracks your actually flight from impact to rest. You can bring your driver and see how it compares to the Titleist.

Titleist has the SureFit system that allows the fitter to quickly change shafts with head combinations. Obviously, you won't have that feature with your old club, so it's still only a best-guess if you swap shafts but at least you can see if there is a significant difference between your old club setup and the optimum Titleist setup for you.

In the end, you'll find that you just spent a lot of money to confirm your two most sensible options: (1) stay with your old club because you're not going to get much longer or (2) upgrade to an entirely new driver, which is always nice, but probably not going to make you much longer either. You're a 3, so f*ck it, you probably already drop a lot of cash on your game, as both options are expensive.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 5306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!