IGNORED

Mizuno MX-25's Irons

Note: This thread is 5067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello I just started playing/practicing for about 2 months now and I have been through a Callaway x12 graphite irons which I started out with, and upon reading reviews after reviews about Mizuno Clubs I was convinced that they were the best fit for me or so I have thought, was actually looking for the MP-32's at that point where I getting really consistent in hitting the ball and getting a fair distance on them 5 Iron would go about 150 to say the least.

When I went into the local golf shop, the guy have advised me to stay away from the Mizuno's since they are harder to hit and they are difficult to deal with, his analogy was that if I was starting out (if I were a race car driver) I would not be driving the F1 cars and it would be very difficult for me to learn the game of golf, needless to say I was a bit disappointed since Mizuno's meant they were not for me no matter how often I practice.

To make the story short went to GolfGalaxy one day and they have a trade in special since the guy gave me also a good piece of advice since I am 30 I would be better off playing with a Steel Iron. While there Traded my x12's for $97 (4-pw) and then in return looked at their used clubs and saw the MX-25's used with little to no blemishes on all the clubs priced at $240 (4-pw-gw) took it home and off to practice again, took me about good 3 days to adjust my swing with the new clubs, and what a difference it made I felt a lot more comfortable and getting used to how the clubs were performing.

Now after reading all the reviews regarding the clubs I have just bought, more and more people say that you would be loosing distance in favor of having good trajectory and they shoot straight. I just went to the range the other day with my 4 iron and the GW with my 4 Iron I can get up to 205 including the roll and GW around 105 yrds.... So technically if the reviews were true, how much of distance am I loosing with these clubs? I was just wondering if I have made a mistake on purchasing the clubs since most golfers told me you needed to be fitted for your clubs to get maximum performance out of your clubs.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Yes I can get to that point just that I lack the HIP movement as what others were telling me regarding my swing which I barely move my hips when hitting those shots, I am still trying to learn the tempo on how to swing at the same time use my hips. I am not sure if those were true on improving the distance on my irons and shots. At the moment I could not hit my Driver to save my life so I stick around with my irons at the moment. Went to play for the first time shot a 58 on my first 9 holes.

I have a set of 25's that I use as my backup set....I actually have the 4 and 5 iron in the bag right now to give me a bit more forgiveness. Those are great clubs that you have and you should be VERY happy with them. As for the loss of distance you are hearing about.... People tend to lose A BIT of distance with forged clubs because of the softness. The other thing is that the lofts are more 'classic'....in other words, they don't do what Taylormade and Callaway does and say their clubs are the longest out there....when in fact the loft of their 6 iron is what most brands 5 or even 4 iron is. If you really are hitting a 4i 200yrds than you're fine.....as long as you're hitting em straight!!

What's in my bag:
Superquad Driver
19* and 22* Rescue Hybrids
4-PW MP 57 Irons
CG14 52* Gap Wedge CG12 56* SW CG12 60* Lob Wedge CO3-hI push them around with my Linksmen X-7 cart.

Note: This thread is 5067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!