IGNORED

pairing with other single?

Gilles
Note: This thread is 4995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was playing by myself yesterday morning (8:20 AM). Wanted to try some shots on the course, mostly regarding approach shots between 70m - 100m (80-110y), one of my weaknesses.

4 minutes after I tee'ed of, an other single player starts his round (I just came onto the green), and he's a bit faster than me. so by hole 3 I suggest to let him through (full hole in front of me and couple behind him wasn't exactly playing bogey golf...) He suggests to pair up.

Does etiquette say that I have to accept this invitation to pair up? Since you never know how the pace of play will evolve, you might be the one creating slow play and I've always been told that solo players never have priority...

(To complete the story : I kindly decline, telling him I'm trying out some shots, sometimes dropping a second ball at a certain distance from the hole and that if we notice that we're creating slow play, we would pair up... We both finished our 9 holes in 90 minutes, not holding up anybody)

Gilles

In my ⬠49.95 bag :

Driver : Euhm... not there yet, but hopefully getting closer
Woods : Superfast Burner 3 Wood 15°
i4-PW : CG GoldGW : 252.08SW : CG12 56°Putter : Rossa Suzuka 35"Balls : Gold FX Long

Agree with Fontaine. As long as the pace on the course is good and it's not affecting any other groups, I don't see why you can't stay as a single. There are times I prefer to play alone (pretty much everytime I'm playing like crap) and I would have done the same as you had I been in that situation.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

There are no etiquette that force you to join others on the course. At most times I will do it, but your reason for not doing it was definitely valid. He could of course have not cared about you hitting multiple balls and joined you still.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday. My plan when I went out was to practice some things during my round. As I teed off on the first hole, a guy is walking into the pro shop to pay his greens fee. Says, "Hey if you hold on for a moment, I'll join you." I politely declined saying that I wanted to work on some things.

I let him play around me on the 3rd tee. I told him that maybe next time I saw him out there we could join up... He seemed like a really nice guy. He proceeded to play one of the fastest rounds of golf I have ever witnessed. Granted I was working on a few things, but I certainly wasn't playing slow. By the time I reached the 5th tee, he was on the 7th green. Glad I didn't change my mind and join up with him. I dislike speed golf.

In the bag
Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
Fairway: Launcher 2009 17*
Irons: X-18r 4-SW
Gap Wedge: CG15 52*Wedge: X Tour 60*Putter: Crimson 550Ball: E5

Note: This thread is 4995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!