IGNORED

The 1 Iron!

8.5_Drive
Note: This thread is 4167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[There's a reason pro's carry hybrids nowadays, I don't think they're old or hackers.[/QUOTE]

Tiger runs with a 2 iron doesn't he?
does he carry a hybrid?

as for the pros, guys like steve stricker and jim fruyric probably do caryy hybrids because they hit like old men

always give way to the Greenskeeper!!

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

BALL: only get off tractor for PRO v1's..... Now, which way to Q School???

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said. this guys dreaming. watched too many highlight video clips on TV...

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

[QUOTE=James_Black;533515]

yeah, you could if you just wanted to make par.....

in my bag:
whatever clubs i find left behind on the course... But the Ping Anser will never be beaten!!

[There's a reason pro's carry hybrids nowadays, I don't think they're old or hackers.

does he carry a hybrid? as for the pros, guys like steve stricker and jim fruyric probably do caryy hybrids because they hit like old men[/QUOTE] he switches between a 5 wood and 2i depending on the course. Are you saying you can hit the ball like tiger? i think your just taking the piss though.
yeah, you could if you just wanted to make par.....

lol

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

tell you what Shooter. Lets put this argument to rest.

I demand a video clip of you hitting your awesome 2 iron or 1 iron and we'll decide from there. How about that?

[There's a reason pro's carry hybrids nowadays, I don't think they're old or hackers.

does he carry a hybrid? as for the pros, guys like steve stricker and jim fruyric probably do caryy hybrids because they hit like old men[/QUOTE] How convenient of you to leave out any of the young tour players who are using hybrids...including Hunter Mahan, Anthony Kim, Lucas Glover...the list goes on and on

It's become clear that he's a troll. I haven't played with a 10 or 15 handicap that can hit the shots Shooter is claiming he hits with regularity, yet he's a 36.

If he's not a troll, and is genuinely a 36 'capper then he's delusional or dumb.

as for the pros, guys like steve stricker and jim fruyric probably do caryy hybrids because they hit like old men

If they hit it like old men, I would very much like to be an old man. I agree with golfro, lets see this swing. Maybe we can send it to Tiger so he'll learn something.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i hate hybrids. they are for old men and hackers.

Old men and hackers, like the majority of guys on the PGA Tour, eh?

Nothing wrong with hitting a 2 iron 250 yards on a windy course, problem is I'll bet you can't do it. I love the way people talk about "shaping" the ball with long irons. If you can "shape" it with a 2 iron, you can do it with a hybrid.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

"Tiger runs with a 2 iron doesn't he?

does he carry a hybrid?" (quote by the new guy, 'shooter mcgreenkeeper') as for the pros, guys like steve stricker and jim fruyric probably do caryy hybrids because they hit like old men[/QUOTE] Wow. Tiger runs with a 2 iron rarely*. He carries his 5 wood most of the time. If hitting like an old man gives you a combined 4 PGA victories this year, I WANT TO HIT LIKE AN OLD MAN.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I have a callaway 14 1 iron. lol.

because he is assuming that anything that is forged is a blade, classic noob assumption LOL

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I have an original ping eye 2 1 iron (forged club) that I use on exceptionally windy days if I need something about 240 and straight.....it stays low and runs forever. one of my favorite clubs to hit.

Driver: Adams 9064ld 6.5* w/ Oban Devotion 7 .... 281 cpm at 44"
Fairway Wood: Tour Edge xcg 4 3 wood w/ rapport blue velvet shaft

hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics cg4 17* 2 hybrid
Irons: Miura series 1957 "baby blades" w/ KBS tour shafts
Wedges: Miura: 52* wedge, 56* K grind, 59* Y grind
Putter: taylormade white smoke 35"

because he is assuming that anything that is forged is a blade, classic noob assumption LOL

And that forged = good, even though all clubs used to be forged until the 70s.

What bizarre logic! MIckelson uses a hybrid. Clark and dozens of others do too.

This is like saying that a person who has been playing piano for 3 months should have a Steinway concert grand. The fact that Tiger has a 2 iron doesn't mean that anyone else should

What bizarre logic! MIckelson uses a hybrid. Clark and dozens of others do too.

Tiger rarely even has the 2 iron in his bag. It's mostly the 5 wood unless he is playing somewhere he needs to hit it really low. Like the British Open.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

tell you what Shooter. Lets put this argument to rest.

done. i justr need a video recorder...

in my bag:

done. i justr need a video recorder...

Nice evasive tactics there. Unless you live back in the 90s, I am sure your phone would have a camera.

What I Play:

I have an original ping eye 2 1 iron (forged club) that I use on exceptionally windy days if I need something about 240 and straight.....it stays low and runs forever. one of my favorite clubs to hit.

hello!. finally a decent golfer. look at handicap, 0.8.

in my bag:

Note: This thread is 4167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!