IGNORED

Paint Fills

dhanson
Note: This thread is 3709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do all of you recomend the same kind of paint?  they look great, I am thinking about trying it on some of my clubs

Titleist 913 D2 8.5
Titleist 913 3 wood 13.5

Titleist 910 17* hybrid
Titleist 714 AP2's   3-GW

Titleist Vokey 54& 58 
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar  Pro V1

GO GATORS!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Redstar2112

Filling in the thin lines on the back of the FT insert was surprisingly easy. I thought the texture of the "tunite" would catch all sorts of wiped off paint but it was fine.  This was my first time paint-filling clubs too and I really enjoyed it.  I can't believe the difference in look on the VR wedges going from red/black to green/white!

Victory RED irons without red paintfill seems wrong to me... workmanship looks good though.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My question as I am taking this endevour now with trying to paint my wedges and putter is how in the world do you get the paint out of the corners on the grooves. I have got out most of the previous paint but now I cant get all the little corners. I have tried using a wire brush and just havent been able to get the little corners out.

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Originally Posted by Mrd19abhs

My question as I am taking this endevour now with trying to paint my wedges and putter is how in the world do you get the paint out of the corners on the grooves. I have got out most of the previous paint but now I cant get all the little corners. I have tried using a wire brush and just havent been able to get the little corners out.

A small hobby knife like this works well.

Excel-Hobby-Knife.jpg

I made my own little tool by taking apart a pen. Took everything out of the inside, then slid a very small nail into it so it was poking out of the end. Took a lighter to the end so the plastic melted around the nail, and boom, small little tool to get paint out of corners. It looks like this:

193653.jpg

Originally Posted by dhanson

Quote:

A small hobby knife like this works well.

I made my own little tool by taking apart a pen. Took everything out of the inside, then slid a very small nail into it so it was poking out of the end. Took a lighter to the end so the plastic melted around the nail, and boom, small little tool to get paint out of corners.

Sweet Thanks for the insight.

WITB:

Very cool guys. Might have to find an old set and play around and see what I come up with.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

Very cool guys. Might have to find an old set and play around and see what I come up with.

No need to like stamping. If you mess up, everything is re-doable since acetone takes everything out clean.

Toothbrush and a ton of acetone works wonders.

Originally Posted by gators13

Do all of you recomend the same kind of paint?  they look great, I am thinking about trying it on some of my clubs

I like acrylic especially for wedges and irons. If you need help with the Scotty translucent look, pm me. It's a task and a half.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Thanks for the tips. Ive been playing a ton lately. Most of the paint is out I just have been playing so much that I dont want to take the day off to let them dry. I'm gonna have to get them done one day before work. How long does it take to paint the clubs. Im looking @ doing 3 wedges and putter.

WITB:

Quote:

Thanks for the tips. Ive been playing a ton lately. Most of the paint is out I just have been playing so much that I dont want to take the day off to let them dry. I'm gonna have to get them done one day before work. How long does it take to paint the clubs. Im looking @ doing 3 wedges and putter.

Which wedges and putter?

Vokeys took 3 minutes each at most.

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

Quote:

Quote:

Which wedges and putter?

Vokeys took 3 minutes each at most.

Callaway x forged and a cleveland classic #1 Blade.

WITB:

X forged might be the easiest club ever to paintfill. Classic one won't be tough (except in the backside of the face where its tight) either so go have a ball.

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

Quote:

X forged might be the easiest club ever to paintfill. Classic one won't be tough (except in the backside of the face where its tight) either so go have a ball.

Sweet Im excited Im thinking I might try and paint them tommorrow so if I do Ill be sure to post pics of the finished product.

WITB:

I just switched the number color on my AP1's from black to red and changed some minor things on my Vokey's from black to red. Now it all basically matches my bag. Man, I hate my OCD

In the bag

titleist.gif 910 D2 8.5° | titleist.gif 909F2 15.5° titleist.gif 909H 21° |
titleist.gif  710 CB 3i-5i, 710 MB 6i-9i |  vokey.gif 48°  54°  60°
  Newport 2   |    Z Star or  Pro V1 |

bushnell.gif V2 Tour Rangefinder |

164146_558703523596_209502422_32424083_1787156_n.jpg

Here is one of the wedges That I did.

WITB:

Note: This thread is 3709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!