Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
martymcfly21

Trying to buy a Scotty Cameron

9 posts in this topic

Alright, so I'm trying to buy a Scotty Cameron for my birthday.  I want either a Napa or a California Coronado putter.  Anyways, I came across the site called buycheapgolf.com.  I was wondering if anyone has used this site, and what their experience was like.  It's got the two putters each selling for about $170, which is way lower than I think those putters should go for.  Is this a scam or fake?  Thanks guys, any insight will help.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Just taking a quick look at their site and I would take a pass. Their pricing looks way too low for some of their product. Buyer beware...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

SC's go for $300 new, you might find them discounted to $249 but any lower than that and they are either fake or used.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you want a scotty you got to pay the price. You will not find a new one for less than 250ish. If you are willing to get a used one there is some deals out there but you aren't finding one new for 170.

Fake site, unless for economic reasons they use buycheapgolf@hotmail.com mail address :D

Probably fake.  Don't mess with a Scotty for anything less than $250, unless it's an extremely reputable place.  Also, look up Ryan Crysler's good discussion on the cameron collector about how to spot Cameron fakes.  Best bet, become buddies with your pro shop so they give you a 10% discount and you can snag one for $270.

I'll seal the deal. I KNOW that site is fake - Had a customer come into Golfsmith with a club (TM R11) they purchased at buycheapgolf.com very recently. Pretty poor fake, ridiculously heavy, and the ASP didn't even come off. Do NOT buy anything off this site.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Why are there so many push cart haters?
      Don't think I've met any push cart haters, except greens keepers who still can't give me a logical reason why the push cart can't go in between a sand trap and the green. The Sun Mountain Reflex cart is awesome.  
    • The frustration is real!
      One word, instruction.  You don't know what you're doing right to hit those miraculous shots, or what you're doing wrong to hit the lousy ones.  You try tips from your buddies, but in all probability they're no better than temporary band-aids, and at worst they're conterproductive.   Going to the range on your own, with no idea of what you're trying to work on, is exercise, its not productive practice.   Find a competent instructor (I can't really tell you how to tell a competent one from a bad one), identify a priority, and spend time on the range to work on that priority, and keep repeating that cycle. You can definitely get good advice here by posting videos.  
    • Using the tee box markers?
      Until someone gives a ruling from the USGA, I'm sticking with the standard ruling that if something isn't prohibited, then it's allowed.  Nothing it the rules says that you can't stand on a obstruction that is already in place to play a stroke.  A tee marker is nothing more than an obstruction with a specific attribute attached to it which applies only for a finite space of time.  That additional attribute has nothing to do with such a prohibition.  This is taking 1-4 beyond it's scope.   I also dispute that such an act could ever truly assist anyone in making a better stroke.  Very few tee markers I've ever seen would provide any kind of a stable surface.  It's hard enough to swing with good balance on a firm level surface.  I think if the OP tried this once, he'd quickly give it up.
    • The frustration is real!
      Step 1. Stop taking tips.  You'll want to build yourself a plan to get from where you are to where you want to be, and piecemeal tips will only detract from that. Step 2. Find a good resource. You'll want to find out for yourself what the fundamentals of a good swing are.  I am not a salesman, but if I were to start now as you are, I'd purchase the book Lowest Score Wins (http://lowestscorewins.com/) and start there with the intro section on advancing the ball. That's the key- advance it consistently.  You'll find lots of tie-ins with that book in this site here, and you can create a "My Swing" thread here (film your swing properly too: https://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing). Armed with the book and your swing area, you'll find instructional content below that is cross-referenced a lot. TONS of information in there, all organized by 5 keys:    Step 3. No matter what methodology you chose to guide your learning, stick to fixing one thing at a time. Use slow motion and video to assess yourself. Learn how to practice: Going to the range and pounding away at balls is WRONG. I've learned that. Step 4. Have fun. Welcome to TST, and if you choose to improve here, I can say there'll likely be lots of support (particularly if you go the route in Step 2, but not required)- if you choose to interact with other topics here and generally contribute in topics that interest you.    
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. Adunifon
      Adunifon
      (35 years old)
  • Blog Entries