IGNORED

Extensions or New Shafts

Note: This thread is 6183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have two Titleist Vokey wedges, a 56 and a 60 that i really like. I play them both well but they are standard length and need 1.5" added to them like the rest of my irons have. I've talked to 2 different golf pros about what to do. The one said get extensions put on and the other said reshaft them. Which would you guys suggest?

Or would you even suggest just getting new clubs? I would probably just get a new 56 because i can live with out the 60 because i don't use it all that much.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

While I can't comment on the pros and cons of using an extension, reshafting a wedge is generally a fairly inexpensive proposition. If your wedges are otherwise fine, I wouldn't suggest replacing them over something as simple as a shaft.

Another benefit of reshafting is you have the option of installing something other than the DynamicGold shaft that is stock on most wedges. I just put a Rifle Spinner (5.5) in my 60 degree wedge. I love the feel so much that I'm considering putting it my 52 and 56 as well.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

Another benefit of reshafting is you have the option of installing something other than the DynamicGold shaft that is stock on most wedges.

Is there anything particularly bad about the Dynamic Golds? I just custom ordered a Cleveland 60* and the only Sensicore option (bad wrists) from Cleveland was the Dynamic Gold. I use the Dynalite Gold SL Sensicore in the rest of my irons for the lower kickpoint.

Back to the original question. I play 1" overlength on my irons and I've always been told not to use the extensions. Like wtd said, shaft are pretty cheap. I think I would feel uncomfortable knowing my shafts were not one piece.

I have been fitted for irons and needed 2 degrees upright and 1 inch longer shafts. I have used extensions once on my 7 iron, but i wouldn't recommend it. Just like Island Duffer said, you just don't feel comfortable when knowing your shaft is in two pieces.

I am ordering new Titleist Spin Milled Vokey wedges, but I am not sure if I want't two degrees upright and 1 inch longer on my wedges. I have heard that some players tend to have a bit flatter lie angel on their wedges..

What do you think?

Either way I have to check the lie angel on my clubs when they arrive. I hope I don't have to bend them back again. I could offcourse buy custom fitted from my local pro, but that is very expensive where I am from(Norway).
I would at least pay 750-800 US$ for three wedges.

There's nothing at all wrong with the DynamicGold wedge shaft. It's far and away the most common (pretty much the stock option on most of the popular wedges on the market).
I had to replace a shaft out of necessity, so I figured what the hell...let's try the Spinner. I couldn't be happier that I did.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

Note: This thread is 6183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!