IGNORED

Vokey Spin Milled, Mizuno MP T-11, or something else - 64*

Cgjohnst
Note: This thread is 4245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm looking at picking up another wedge for my bag. I think I'm going to go with a 64* this time. Currently I have the G-15 PW, Vokey SM 52, Vokey SM 58. I was looking at the 64 because of making a few mistakes lately while opening my club face on my 58*. I feel like it would be easier to just use a 64. I'm a Vokey fan, but have heard great things and read great reviews about the Mizuno. Does anyone have a recommendation on which one to get? Thanks.

i wanted to try a 64 - it was an experiment & didn't want to spend alot of money, so I picked up one from ebay ... there's a guy on there that sells brand new Dunlap blade type 64 wedges for about $15.     Very nicely made club - it's a cheap way to see if it works for  you before dropping big $$. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Dunlop-Tour-TP11-64-Wedge-w-Steel-Shaft-/140822658260?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash;=item20c9af3cd4

FYI - what I found out is even hitting the 64 square without opening it, you have to hit it too hard around the green to get it up in the air for my comfort level.     It's not all that hard to hit, but for me, it's a luxury club - don't have the room for it...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took the plunge on a 64 for the first time this year, got a Callaway Jaws for a decent price. I believe there was a magazine test somewhere that gave a 64 wedge to a range of ability players and most (or all) of them scored better with it than a 56.... Surprisingly. My suggestion is it works best out of longer rough around the greens, where a firm hit i believe increases your margin for area compared to a lower loft. I suspect that a 64 is of limited use if you are mostly playing chip and run shots from the fairway, but out of difficult lies (with little bounce, 7 degrees), particularly from below the level of the green, I have definitely saved shots. Tp 11 is great btw.

I played one for a few years. Liked it a lot. Def felt that it was easier than opening up the face on my 60. I'd say go with the Vokey.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Note: This thread is 4245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!