• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Standard set up for Taylormade R9 Superdeep?

2 posts in this topic

I am playing an r9 superdeep I picked up 2nd hand a few months ago, I was wondering what the standard set up is (i.e no bias) for the club?
I seem to be pulling a lot of drives left, and can feel the club turn over in my hands.

The club set up and specs are as follows:
8.5* Stiff, 1g weight in toe + 10g weight in heel.

Any help appreciated,

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Hello, it is perhaps too late and you will probably have changed driver once or more.

Anyway it is one of the best drivers in the market and the satndard setup is: 1g in heel and 10g (or 16) in toe.

Good luck and enjoy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• How many fairway woods? Which ones and why?
      By PJCdude · Posted
      I have an RBZ 3W but I only use it off the tee so I don't think you can really call it a "Fairway" wood in my hands. I used to have a 5W but the RBZ 3H goes further and has more manageable misses so that was a no brainer as my "longest off the turf club" (200-215 or so)
    • President's Cup Matches Discussion Thread
      By mvmac · Posted
      Yeah probably something like that.
    • Gambling on the golf course is it a necessity?
      By gatsby47 · Posted
      At my  home course there is a group of about 4 to 12 golfers who play always with money on the line.  I only play occasionally. We call it rangs, and everyone throws in 5 or 10 dollars.  Birdies or better ,won alone, pay out. One tie all tie and that hole is eliminated.  If all 18 holes are tied. Money is returned.  If only one hole is won outright it could be a nice payout.  Most rounds have two or three and they divide the money.  It makes for an interesting time.  We have a variation when a wide variety of handicaps are playing in Myrtle Beach.  The money is kept to a quarter a hole same method of paying one tie all tie no carryovers, and winners divide the money but you only need pay afterwards. A max of 4.50 a person could be lost if all 18 were won and you weren't in on a winning hole.  We keep a Myrtle Beach to balance out between high and low handicaps. It does keep ones interest.  The money level doesn't seem to matter. As they say it is the action.
    • 5 Gallon Bucket of Water on the 1st and 10th Hole
      By sjduffers · Posted
      Please, don't wet your towel at the drinking fountain. First, if you are not cautious, your dirty towel might touch the spigot, from which someone else is going to pour water to drink. Second, you are wasting good and usually very cold water meant to drink on something of a way different nature, and not all courses replenish their fountain coolers quickly enough: this just makes it worse. This walker who needs to drink at the cooler (or more precisely refill his bottle) thanks you.
    • Longest Iron in Your Bag (and why?)
      By PJCdude · Posted
      Started off this season at 6i and am now at 4i I've been really mulling over this part of my bag lately. Two years ago when I started and had a shitty swing, I was all about hybrids and carried various 3-4-5 hybrids (sometimes replacing the 3 with a 5w). As my iron swing has improved (a big reason being my MySwing Thread...thanks guys) my higher lofted hybrids began to hook BADLY and especially off the tee for some reason (4h is cobra s3 max and 5h WAS callaway Diablo Edge). I got an AP1 5i off Ebay for $6.50 and the thing is a total beast (its also stiff and my other irons are regular so that might be a factor) I then decided to go one step further and got an RBZ 4i (20 degrees) and try it out. I've only hit it on the range but it seems to go a tad further than 4i on good hits but MUCH less consistent off ground. Off the tee though, the 4i is absolute money so I'm gonna keep it for now as a driving iron. The problem is, my 4h although hookish off the tee is pretty solid in bad lies and when I'm 185 out. I'm playing this sunday at course with a few short tight par 4s and long par 3s where the 4i could definitely be used. To make room, I'm taking out my gap wedge. For my handicap I'm pretty decent with partial wedge swings so I'm not too worried about that but still feel weird carrying D, 3W, 3H, 4i (20*)-4H(23*) at the top end. It is glad to see that I'm not alone in tinkering with this area of the bag though...thanks guys!
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries