• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachcomber

Costa Mesa Country Club - Wow! Great muni set-up!!

8 posts in this topic

I just wanted to let you guys in on this place... Many of you may already know of Costa Mesa's gem.  But I just moved to Socal in 2010 - and am still learning my way around the area.  I live in Newport Beach, and there aren't many public courses nearby - that I have found at least - that have a driving range, putting green(s) and chipping green (for free access).  But Costa Mesa Country Club (it's public) has it all - and 36 holes of golf to go with it.  I think this place is going to be my new 'home' once my range key at RSJ runs up?  I'd highly recommend you check it out if you are looking for a place to either play or practice.

FYI... Twilight was $30 for 18 holes - and the walkability was 8/10.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

it can be a really slow pace there sometimes...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Pakoh

it can be a really slow pace there sometimes...

Yeah, I haven't found a muni in OC that doesn't have this issue tbh.

San Jaun Hill's pace has always been solid when I've played there.... 8/10.

Mile Square's pace was decent the several times I've played there... Like 7/10...

RSJ (the worst) pace score would be 4/10 - but I've played there so many times maybe it's tainted my opinion?

Meadowlark probably 6/10...

Costa Mesa would be 6/10...  But I've only played Costa Mesa 2x (each course once).

**Mesa Linda - the shorter of the two courses was playing much slower than Los Lagos**

(Maybe that is attributed to additional beginners hacking around on the shorter of the two courses?)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

its the only muni i have played in OC so far that had 2 groups waiting when you get to the par 3 holes.  And when the cart girl said she was not allowed to give me a cup of ice on a hot day, even though i had money in my hand to pay for it, i decided not to play there anymore...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have pulled up to hole 2 at costa mesa and had a 3 group back up. Mind you lagos starts par 5 par 5 par 4 then par 3. For the second par 5 to be backed up so much is just ridiculious. I have also played there on another weekend where I dont think I was ever having to wait for more than a couple minutes. I think the second time was a 5 some so that helps me, not them.

Oon another note. Yesterday I played lakewood. a legitamite 6 hour round. Left my house at 9 was able to tee off around 9 50 and was rushing to make sure my friend got home by 430 to get to work on time. Just awful. Im blaming the added stress of not finishing the reason I didnt break 80 and instead blew up to like 86

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

I have pulled up to hole 2 at costa mesa and had a 3 group back up. Mind you lagos starts par 5 par 5 par 4 then par 3. For the second par 5 to be backed up so much is just ridiculious. I have also played there on another weekend where I dont think I was ever having to wait for more than a couple minutes. I think the second time was a 5 some so that helps me, not them.

On the Mesa Linda course (shorter of the two), after the first hole, there was three groups on the tee box, and one putting on the green. It was very slow... But started to pick up after that traffic jam and actually ended up being a fairly fast paced round (~ 5 hours). I found that to be decent for a mid day tee time on a Saturday, especially at a muni here in SoCal.  My experience has typically been 6hr rounds at places like RSJ.

Originally Posted by Pakoh

its the only muni i have played in OC so far that had 2 groups waiting when you get to the par 3 holes.  And when the cart girl said she was not allowed to give me a cup of ice on a hot day, even though i had money in my hand to pay for it, i decided not to play there anymore...

Pakoh, you just need to learn how to work some magic with the ladies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

On the Mesa Linda course (shorter of the two), after the first hole, there was three groups on the tee box, and one putting on the green. It was very slow... But started to pick up after that traffic jam and actually ended up being a fairly fast paced round (~ 5 hours). I found that to be decent for a mid day tee time on a Saturday, especially at a muni here in SoCal.  My experience has typically been 6hr rounds at places like RSJ.

Ya its definitely bad around here. I usually find it to 5 hours but playing at twilight most of the time people tend to pick up the pacee a lil

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only played CM once (for the Boys and Girls club tournament)....seemed very nice. Their range is nice too....I hit balls there some days at lunch. Overall, enjoyable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0