IGNORED

Oversize Grips

Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whats everyones take on the oversize grips for clubs? I do not have arthritis or anything, but i am guilty of over-gripping at times. I've moved to a super stroke 5.0 fatso on my putter and i feel it has improved my game. Has anyone experienced any negatives using oversize?

Im considering buying these to give them a try....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-White-TACKI-MAC-JUMBO-Oversize-THE-ARTHRITIC-Mens-Golf-Club-Grips-Set-New-/380586580750?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash;=item589cba5b0e

I used to have a set of Nike Slingshot irons with jumbo grips and liked them.  I found it easier to control the clubface with bigger grips.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I use oversize....but I can pickup a basketball with one hand so a normal grip feels like a pencil.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Grips should be fitted for your hand size.  I am right in between a midsize and a jumbo.

Too big of grip you tend to leave face open, too small and you close it early.   So if arthritis isn't an issue, you should not by Jumbo grips unless your hand is large enough.

If you can re-grip yourself (learn it's easy) then you can experiment cheaply spending a few dollars re-gripping a couple of clubs and going to the range to see how you like.

In My Bag:

Irons: 2-SW Golfsmith MB Forged S300's & 60 degree Callaway

Putter: 20 year old rusty Cameron no clue what model

Woods: 1 & 3 Cheap Ass Walter Hagen Stiff Grafalloy $30 per club lol

From your wrist crease to the tip of your middle finger, if your hand measures:

<7" - Undersize grips

7"-8 1/4" - Standard size grips

8 1/4"-9 1/4" - Midsize grips

>9 1/4" - Jumbo size grips

My hand measures 9 1/4", and I use midsize grips.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have average sized hands and recently switched to midsized grips. I do have some stiffness in my hands. I don't think they helped much. I may have even lost a bit of control. I'm probably going to switch back to standard sized when I redo them.

If your grips are too big for your hands you will probably end up pushing or slicing on your bad shots. Grip pressure is a big part of golf although, if you have to go with a bigger grip to ease up on the King Kong grip then try it out on 1 or 2 clubs first before you spend $50 or $60 on a full set.

Check out the grip size page on  golfclubshaftreview.com

Note: This thread is 3946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!