IGNORED

How did the Ohio golf meet-up/outing go?

TJBam
Note: This thread is 3914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

I do. Same hole. Saw it with my own eyes and mentioned it to Slice when I called him over.

Three feet. Cart path a whopping 30 feet or so away. Signs all over about keeping carts away from greens.

Ok, understandable, I remember you calling him over. I thought that hole I hoped out and had my wedge and putter back further but don't remember for sure.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Jeremie Boop

First 2 I understand, but I don't remember any carts being 3 feet from the fringe. I could and should have yelled regardless of knowing they were there.

Yeah, you (or Jeff) and Pat drove the carts practically on the green. I wasn't really paying attention to it until Erik pointed it out and I face-palmed.

And yes, he was well within his rights to be pissed and expect an apology, which was why I jumped in to profusely apologize for the group.

Definitely not the epitome of golf course etiquette on that hole, but can't change it now, it is what it is. Learn from it and move on.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Ok, understandable, I remember you calling him over. I thought that hole I hoped out and had my wedge and putter back further but don't remember for sure.

Could have been Jeff. Either way...as half owner of responsibility for our carts, we should have been paying attention to where they were.

Ryan M

So what were the ultimate results?  Maybe a rundown of each player's gross score (or most likely score if one picked-up) along with the Stableford points per team.  It appeared the competition was going to be modified Stableford, best 2 of 3 balls.  What is a competition without results?  The only score mentioned was saevel25's "87".

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator
We reshuffled groups as Spyder couldn't make it last minute. Group 1 won with saevel25 as the MVP with 30 points. Maybe we will do 90% in the spring. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Could have been Jeff. Either way...as half owner of responsibility for our carts, we should have been paying attention to where they were.

I agree, I think we were thinking of other things at that point, though it's no excuse. Definitely a live and learn experience.

Originally Posted by bkuehn1952

So what were the ultimate results?  Maybe a rundown of each player's gross score (or most likely score if one picked-up) along with the Stableford points per team.  It appeared the competition was going to be modified Stableford, best 2 of 3 balls.  What is a competition without results?  The only score mentioned was saevel25's "87".

I don't know if anyone on our team actually finished with a score. I know I picked up 1 hole but don't have a clue what my score was otherwise.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by bkuehn1952

We weren't keeping track of scores, only point results. My buddy Pat has the scorecard somewhere...we did terrible as a group with like 75 points or something around there. IIRC, Jeremie was our leading point grabber with I believe 26 points, I was second with 22, Jeff (Grins) took 3rd with I believe 18 (Thanks to his net Eagle...good work!), and Pat (non-member) stunk it up with 9. I'll have to give him crap about that...

Those numbers are from memory, I'll have to see if I can find the scorecard for the actual results. Can't score well when half the time 3 of us are hitting 3 off the tee lol

Ryan M

Guys, no. The homeowner was perfectly within his rights and of sound mind to expect three things:

1. "Fore!!!!" to be yelled (by all of you if you saw it).

2. A sincere apology offered.

3. Carts to not be parked three feet from the fringe.

I added the last one myself because the group behind you complained to the pro shop.

The homeowner did nothing wrong. "He should put his swing set in the front yard?" Are you kidding me? The responses here are disappointing at best.

Suffice to say 17 was not your shining etiquette moment as a group.

So if you were the homeowner you would have stormed out on the golf course and demanded an apology? "Fore!" would have changed nothing. Should they have yelled, yes. No question. What is the apology for? Hitting a ball in his yard? When I hit a ball in someone's yard and they happen to be out there I always say I'm sorry, but if they thought that he had gone inside and were apparently pretty far away from the house then I don't think a special trip is needed.

Like I said, you live on a golf course in a prime area to get golf balls in the yard. What do you expect? Even if the guy was upset that they didn't yell "Fore!", starting a confrontation is no way to handle the situation. It's not like it is going to happen again. Let them play on and forget about it.

I absolutely agree with the poster that said his swing set should be in the front yard. Or not have one at all. I would NEVER let my kids play in a yard that is that likely to have a golf ball hit into it. That's just common sense to me.

• Administrator
So if you were the homeowner you would have stormed out on the golf course and demanded an apology?

You weren't there. He didn't storm out. He didn't demand anything. "Fore!" would have let his kids cover their heads or something. The golfers were completely in the wrong on this. [quote]I would NEVER let my kids play in a yard that is that likely to have a golf ball hit into it.[/quote] It's not likely. It's a pretty bad shot to hit it there. I'd hoped my earlier post would put this to bed. It's not the topic of this thread and discussion of it is over. The Committee has decided. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Guys, no. The homeowner was perfectly within his rights and of sound mind to expect three things:

1. "Fore!!!!" to be yelled (by all of you if you saw it).

2. A sincere apology offered.

3. Carts to not be parked three feet from the fringe.

I added the last one myself because the group behind you complained to the pro shop.

The homeowner did nothing wrong. "He should put his swing set in the front yard?" Are you kidding me? The responses here are disappointing at best.

Suffice to say 17 was not your shining etiquette moment as a group.

Yea, i have to agree. The guy owns the property, he has a right to have a swing set there. I suspect he tells his kids that if you hear FORE, take cover. I would be upset to, and an apology is just a good thing to do no matter what.

As for number 3, ESPECIALLY on a country club, obey the signs. These guys care for there course, they pay to be on it, we were guests. I remember the guy on the range coming up to us asking us who we were. I suspect if we didn't say we were guest of the Medicus guy, he was going to walk to the clubhouse instead to his clubs on the range. People are very much like that, country clubs are very much a closed nit society of there own.

Yeah, there are some good ones.

I'm over in Dayton a lot too, that cuts the time down for you quite a bit. Maybe we could even get Matt (Saevel) to join.

Yea give me a message next time you guys are in the area, i don't have much going on, on the weekends.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Pappy091

So if you were the homeowner you would have stormed out on the golf course and demanded an apology? "Fore!" would have changed nothing. Should they have yelled, yes. No question. What is the apology for? Hitting a ball in his yard? When I hit a ball in someone's yard and they happen to be out there I always say I'm sorry, but if they thought that he had gone inside and were apparently pretty far away from the house then I don't think a special trip is needed.

Like I said, you live on a golf course in a prime area to get golf balls in the yard. What do you expect? Even if the guy was upset that they didn't yell "Fore!", starting a confrontation is no way to handle the situation. It's not like it is going to happen again. Let them play on and forget about it.

I absolutely agree with the poster that said his swing set should be in the front yard. Or not have one at all. I would NEVER let my kids play in a yard that is that likely to have a golf ball hit into it. That's just common sense to me.

Just to let you know, the guy calmly walked up and wanted to know if we were even going to apologize. He was upset, yes, with reason but not irate ore demanding. It was a pretty awful shot that landed there and he may find that 3 or 4 people a month or less have hit a ball into his yard, his yard was pretty far out there and to the right. I just had the unfortunate timing of doing it while they were out there. You should take my word that I was in the wrong for not yelling, as once the ball was headed in the direction of the yard I should have done so regardless of knowing if there was someone there or not out of courtesy. I was just rather stunned that I had hit it that extremely poorly, as were we all I think. Still, no excuse and I take responsibility for it and I'm relieved that nobody was hurt.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

You weren't there. He didn't storm out. He didn't demand anything.

"Fore!" would have let his kids cover their heads or something.

The golfers were completely in the wrong on this.

It's not likely. It's a pretty bad shot to hit it there.

I'd hoped my earlier post would put this to bed. It's not the topic of this thread and discussion of it is over. The Committee has decided.

To the bold: Yep, 100% correct.

To the underlined: F'ing LOL

Ryan M

Originally Posted by saevel25

Yea give me a message next time you guys are in the area, i don't have much going on, on the weekends.

I usually have nothing going on during the weekends also.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Originally Posted by saevel25

I usually have nothing going on during the weekends also.

Man, what a couple of losers.

Ryan M

• Administrator
We will do the "Gambling Golf Classic and Clinic" in September, btw.

Man, what a couple of losers.

Hah, I'd rather have a busy schedule, but it's pretty boring in this area. Not much to do unless you go to bars *which I don't* or are willing to drive an hour or more away to find some real stuff worth doing *which I'm not*

Originally Posted by iacas

We will do the "Gambling Golf Classic and Clinic" in September, btw.

Is there a post somewhere detailing what that is?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Hah, I'd rather have a busy schedule, but it's pretty boring in this area. Not much to do unless you go to bars *which I don't* or are willing to drive an hour or more away to find some real stuff worth doing *which I'm not*

I couldn't be less serious. I typically don't have too much going on either unless the lady has plans for me.

Ryan M

Just to let you know, the guy calmly walked up and wanted to know if we were even going to apologize. He was upset, yes, with reason but not irate ore demanding. It was a pretty awful shot that landed there and he may find that 3 or 4 people a month or less have hit a ball into his yard, his yard was pretty far out there and to the right. I just had the unfortunate timing of doing it while they were out there. You should take my word that I was in the wrong for not yelling, as once the ball was headed in the direction of the yard I should have done so regardless of knowing if there was someone there or not out of courtesy. I was just rather stunned that I had hit it that extremely poorly, as were we all I think. Still, no excuse and I take responsibility for it and I'm relieved that nobody was hurt.

I had gotten the impression from some other posts that he was pretty confrontational. Still think there is no reason to walk out there at all, but that's not near as bad.

I'm not saying that you should not have yelled or that you should have told him to screw off or anything. I was just thinking that he was escalating the situation for no reason. I misunderstood.

Note: This thread is 3914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!