IGNORED

Adjustable Woods

3puttssuck
Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With all the adjustable drivers, is it legal to change the loft or angle during a round?  It seems like it would muddy the 14 club limit rule.

No. You can change it between rounds, but not during. It would be the same as adding another club.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With all the adjustable drivers, is it legal to change the loft or angle during a round?  It seems like it would muddy the 14 club limit rule.

Geaux, above is 100% correct. And here's why, from Rule 4, Clubs:

4-2 . Playing Characteristics Changed And Foreign Material

a . Playing Characteristics Changed

During a stipulated round , the playing characteristics of a club must not be purposely changed by adjustment or by any other means.

"Age improves with wine."

Wishon 919THI 11*
Wishon 925HL 4w
Wishon 335HL 3h & 4h
Wishon 755pc 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i & 9i
Tad Moore 485 PW
Callaway X 54*
Ping G2 Anser C
Callaway SuperSoft
Titleist StaDry
Kangaroo Hillcrest AB

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3puttssuck

Geaux, above is 100% correct. And here's why, from Rule 4, Clubs:

4-2. Playing Characteristics Changed And Foreign Material

a. Playing Characteristics Changed

During a stipulated round, the playing characteristics of a club must not be purposely changed by adjustment or by any other means.

Thanks. I had a general idea where the rule was written, but wasn't sure exactly where, and didn't feel like looking.

'preciate it!

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!