IGNORED

New Putter

Note: This thread is 6090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Time for a new putter. I think that I like the Taylormade Rossa putters more than anything else because of the groves but I can't decided which model to get. I know that a putter is a personal liking but I want to know if you can nudge me in the correct direction.

And here are the contestants, in no particular order.
  1. Rossa Imola Classic
  2. Rossa Modena Classic
  3. Rossa Daytona Classic

And now a little spheel about me and my putting.

I'm really not that great of a putter which is why I am turning away from my old Scotty Cameron 2002 Newport Beach. I will make a putt here and there but am never consistent. Here is how the amounts of putts per round factors out (per 18 holes of golf).
  1. Two Putts (apprx. 13)
  2. Three Putts (apprx 3)
  3. One Putts (apprx 2)

Now I need a putter that I can rely on and that will make me a better putter from 10 feet out (which is the range that I mainly sturggle) and with the longer lag putts.

Cheers!

P.S. I'm open to suggestions. If you think another putter would help me more, please say so.

P.P.S. I would rather have a blade as opposed to a mallet.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

I just went to Todd Sones Impact Golf Putting School. They fit me for a Coutour putter. see Coutourgolf.com. By far the best putter I have ever owned and more importantly if you follow their set-up you will be a better putter. Your scorecard could be mine. Last weekend stuck 5 10 footers dead center. No three puts. Cheapest strokes per $ gain I have found so far.

Driver: Bull 5000 10.5 FujiKura Vista Tour Stiff
Irons:MX25 5-PW. TT Black Gold
WoodGreat Big Bertha 4
HybridCLK Aldila Hybrid Stiff 20 and 23
Wedges: MPT RP Rifle Spinner Wedge 53 and 60Putter: Todd Sones GullaneBallHX Hot

I don't really see the need to break the bank for a putter, why don't you like your scotty?It doesn't matter what you use if you don't have a nice stroke. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if i were you i'd hold off, and spend a little more time on the putting green and then make a decesion.

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

really try a yes! tracy or callie
they're both blades and they're awesome... the ball gets rolling RIGHT away pretty much and i love the feel of mine. try it

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I used to be set on a Yes! putter until I tried a Puku belly putter. They are adjustable and very stable with helpful grips, but if you are a traditionalist you most likely don't like belly putters. I will admit, I was a bit skeptical until I tried it. Overall though, a great putter.

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

I'd find it hard to go from a Scotty to anything else. I changed from a Newport to the Red X recently and I've never putted better. Have a thing about it, ts so easy to line up with its 3 lines and mallet shape!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

I've always found that the putter is the most personal club in the bag. Regardless of make and model, it just has to feel right in your hands. If that is the Rossa, then that is it.

My own journey to a new putter recently went through Yes!, Rossa and Cameron. I had used a two-ball mallet for several years, but completely lost confidence in it over the off season. I still have no idea how it happened, but it did. Earlier this year, standing over a three to ten foot putt, my hands would quiver on the putter. After doing some research, I was convinced that the Yes! Callie was the putter for me. Once I hit it, I knew that it was wrong. For me, the issue was weight. It just didn't feel right in my hands. I hit a Rossa, not sure of the model, and it was better. Then I picked up a Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 and that was it. I knew I had my new putter.

My only real advise, Hogan, is to let your feel dictate your decision.

Belly putters stabilize your hand and allow you to make a smoother pendulum motion. The result: more consistency. If your looking, at least try a belly putter, you may be surprised.

In the bag:

Driver: F-Speed 12*
3 Wood: r7 draw
5 Wood: F-SpeedHybrid: a3 boxerIrons: Ignite 4-PWWedges: 53 Phil Rogers, vokey 56, 588 60Putter: Victoria or Puku belly

Belly putters stabilize your hand and allow you to make a smoother pendulum motion. The result: more consistency. If your looking, at least try a belly putter, you may be surprised.

I agree the belly putter makes a nice pendulum. I tried one a few years back but ended up going back to a regular putter again but with a modified low-front hand cross-handed putting grip that does well to achieve a pendulum stroke.

-Mike

Driver: 450cc, 12 degree
Irons: Rifle steel shafts
Fairway Woods: R7 HybridPutter: Marilyn GPS: Garmin Golflogix GPS-8

Note: This thread is 6090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!