IGNORED

New Scramble Format

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3560 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but also wanted to share a new format (for me at least) that I played in last week.  It was a 4 man scramble with the following rules;

• All 4 golfers hit off the tee and putt
  • Teams play best / preferred ball
  • Golfer who's ball is being played is not allowed to play that shot unless the ball landed on the green (all players putt).
  • Every team had to use at least 4 drives from each golfer.
  • Handicaps (80%) were applied at the end and prizes were given to lowest net and gross teams.

There was a pretty good bit of strategy playing in this format.  Our team had one 10 handicap, a 16 handicap and two of us were over 20.  The 10 handicap was a very good player so we'd have liked to use almost every drive he hit but the rules precluded him from hitting the 2nd ball which in some cases were more crucial to posting a low score.  Also we had to make sure everyone had 4 drives so in some cases we had to forego the best drive to either make sure our 10 handicapper could swing at the 2nd shot or to meet the requirements of 4 drivers per person.

It was probably the most fun I've had in a scramble format because of the strategy involved.  Once we figured out what each of our strengths were the strategy was to make sure that person was eligible to hit the next shot so we'd be in the best position.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

So we had that scramble today with the 2x2 format.

This format shook things up a bit.

Winning score was -13, with 3 teams tied for first place (ties go with scores on hardest handicap holes)

My team went -12 and ended up fourth

The format is really really cool. It brought in some new strategy as well as making it fairer for teams that might not have 4 A players. The reason is, you can load up two best players and get a decent score and hope the other two pitch in once in a while. Having only two teams of 2 play in approaches and putting, there are less made putts, possibility for more bogeys and less GIR's. Overall I think it went well.

On a side note, I won longest drive BOOM!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3560 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!