• Announcements

• Happy Thanksgiving!   11/25/2015

Happy Thanksgiving! From @mvmac and I, we'd like to thank all of you for being such awesome members. We have TST because we like golf and golfers, so we wish you and yours the very best today. Thank you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pros avoided using driver at which US Open? (Narrow fairways!)

2 posts in this topic

This was a real eye opener for me to see so many PROS deciding against using driver to play it safe.

I think Tiger was using a 3I while others used a 3W on many holes.

I am thinking it was 1998 US Open @ Olympic.

Is that known to be a narrow course?

I wish I could see Teebox highlights of players not using driver.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Olympic is on the side of a hill, so the fairwasy have a lot of right to left and left to right pitch.  Placement of the tee shot was critical.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Who else is injured right now and addicted to golf?
      Few months to few weeks to live? Or until it's treated? Hope the best for you either way.  
    • Your Home Course
      I just noticed this thread, so I thought I'd throw out a post on my course. I'm in SW Ohio and my course is a bit in the rural area outside Cinci (about 30 min away). They offered a special deal for 2-1/2 year membership for $170. I love the course. Maintenance is exceptional and the greens are superb. The intersting thing is that they opted to not maintain the sandtraps and grew grass in their place. They offered a deal that if you sponsor a sandtrap for $2k then they'll erect a plaque in your name. Havent seen any takers on that yet. Not sure anyone wants to pay for something that makes their score go up. But even without the traps, it is a great course.
    • Joost Luiten
      Today Joost was paired with Louis Oosthuizen and Branden Grace in the Alfred Dunhill Championship in South Africa.  Was playing well and didn't look like his back was troubling him.  Was on TV a lot due to Branden Grace winning last year, Louis coming second and them being huge fan favourites at home in SA.  Good for him to get recognition.  Ended the day at -4 in T4.  Hope he has 4 good rounds and not his usual 3 decent rounds and one bad round to put him in 30'th or some such position.
    • My Swing (Bogeyaah)
      Hi all! I thought, after dealing with all your input, the videos and the lessons I had, to post a proper feedback. 1. I have been working a lot on my swing throughout October and November. 2. Mid-October I played my best-ever rounds of golf. I was able to eliminate my slice and improve my impact. 3. Instead of losing balls to the right I hit fairly straight shots for 10 days. 4. Another 5 days later I started losing balls to the left, especially off the tee. 5. Another 5 days later I started shanking the ball on the driving range (45 shanks out of 50 balls). 6. I have no on-course shanks - but I am still facing a pull-hook off the deck and tee. 7. Went back to the range yesterday - still shanking the ball. After I played my best-ever rounds I asked my playing partner to take a video of my swing and still wasn't happy with my OTT move and the slowly developing hook. I tried to work on my backswing a lot and combined with a lesson I had recently I ended up being completely confused and shanking the ball all over the place - left and right. I feel out of posture again addressing the ball. Please find below a video I recorded last week Monday. I hit the same "shots" yesterday evening - so the swing shouldn't be different. For me the takeaway still looks to flat and I have problems rounding my back due to the lack of balance at address. For me it is still a mystery how I can fix my OTT move. Up and down! :)
    • What'd You Shoot Today?
      Raining wet and cold, par 72 、6,693 yards back tee. Just about every tee shot on the front nine out of bounds, only the par 3's were not. Just could not get into the rythum. But, the back I shot my best ever round, I could do no wrong except a 3 put on of all the holes , the 18th. Nerves got me I think. Front nine 53, 7 out of bounds Back nine 34, 3 birdies, 5 pars , 1 bogey Total 87,
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries