IGNORED

My Swing (DannyMac)

DannyMac
Note: This thread is 3252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 20+ years, since I was able to hold a club.

My current handicap index or average score is: 10.4 - Avg. Score between 80-85

My typical ball flight is: High Draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pull Hook

Hey everyone, I am a long time lurker of TST and just recently decided to sign up and become active in this great golf community.

When looking at my swing, I notice I'm a little flat on the top and my grip is right hand strong.  Also note that I do not use a interlock grip due to a hockey injury to my knuckle.  I have never taken a lesson, so I am open to any advice or drills anyone is willing to offer. (Swing Analysis is very new to me)

I appreciate everyone who takes the time to view my swing.  I will be viewing this thread daily and will post any progress or updates of my swing.

Thanks again,

Dan

Videos:

8 iron swings - Video includes back view and side view, along with slow motion footage.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I really like the look of that swing. Would've pegged you a bit better than 10.4. I wouldn't worry too much about being a little flat or having a strong grip. What I do notice is that your head starts to move toward your heels on the downswing and you end up falling to the left on your follow through. I would focus on keeping your weight on the balls of your feet throughout the swing and flaring your feet more. http://thesandtrap.com/t/78207/why-flaring-your-feet-at-address-makes-golf-easier Your hands also seem a bit too active in the follow through but I'm not sure why. Maybe you are actively trying to hold your lag?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I really like the look of that swing. Would've pegged you a bit better than 10.4. I wouldn't worry too much about being a little flat or having a strong grip. What I do notice is that your head starts to move toward your heels on the downswing and you end up falling to the left on your follow through. I would focus on keeping your weight on the balls of your feet throughout the swing and flaring your feet more. http://thesandtrap.com/t/78207/why-flaring-your-feet-at-address-makes-golf-easier Your hands also seem a bit too active in the follow through but I'm not sure why. Maybe you are actively trying to hold your lag?

Thanks for posting Savvy.  I lack consistency in my game and its time for me to put in some actual work to get better, rather than trying to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

I looked at that link you posted and I will try and implement that into my next practice session.  Weight balance throughout my swing has been an issue for me at times in the past.  I will also focus on keeping my head steady on my downswing, that is definitely something I had no idea I did.

As far as my active hands on the follow through, I think you hit the nail on the head.  My biggest miss comes from me being too quick and pulling the ball left, so I think I over compensate to try and hold the lag as long as possible.  Is this a big issue? If so, any tips to help with my lag?

Thanks again for the insight, I can look at my swing myself 100 times, but I personally don't even know what to look for.

Yes agree with @SavvySwede , first thing I would address is the set-up and possibly the grip.

Will help with this.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks @mvmac , I appreciate the feedback.  Its nice to have a visual so I know where to begin on the range.  Also, my gloves tend to get shredded at the thumb, and a little at the palm.  Ill be experimenting with your grip advice as well.  Thanks again!

I had a hour range session yesterday and I started to implement the flaring of my feet.  I noticed that I pushed a lot of balls to the right.  Any idea's on why the flaring of my feet would cause my ball to be pushed to the right? Thanks

I had a hour range session yesterday and I started to implement the flaring of my feet.  I noticed that I pushed a lot of balls to the right.  Any idea's on why the flaring of my feet would cause my ball to be pushed to the right? Thanks

Opening your feet should have freed up your turn. Your timing probably went a bit off because it was clocked to a more restricted swing. Just keep practicing and getting used to it and your timing will adjust accordingly.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Opening your feet should have freed up your turn. Your timing probably went a bit off because it was clocked to a more restricted swing. Just keep practicing and getting used to it and your timing will adjust accordingly.

Thanks @SavvySwede , Going to put in some more time and try and figure some things out.  Got my clubs 2-man best ball match play this weekend, hopefully I find some consistency!

Note: This thread is 3252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!