IGNORED

Vokey SM5 serial # came back with different specs from Titleist

Note: This thread is 3226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

Not new to ordering clubs online, and knowledgeable about ebay.  I have been tempted in years past to snatch up the "great deals" on clubs listed on ebay.  Knowing that counterfeits are out there I googled everything about fake clubs, what to look for, tell-tale signs etc.  I asked seller questions, he has great feedback, and he seems to sell some high end clubs, some with custom shafts every now and then. These clubs are usually just about new-one round or so.  The club I bought was hit in his living room a few times.

Anyway, it was the loft and bounce I wanted with a Project X 5.5 upgraded shaft.  Not Ridiculously cheap-$105 shipped.

So I wanted the specs on the club, more to see what Titleist had on the serial number to have peace of mind on authenticity.  Customer service replied back it was a 56.10S, Project X 5.5 and MCC red grip. shaft and even grip were a match but my head is a 50.08F

I even went to Dicks's with the club and compared it to same model.  I could not see any differences what-so-ever.  Took my time and looked at every detail.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I think the club is legit and they just made a mistake with the serial number. They got the Project X 5.5 shaft right and that's not a stock option.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!