IGNORED

Turning your hands over, whats this mean?

fastfed
Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I always hear people refer to "Did you turn your hands over" on a drive shot.

I just recently started hitting my driver great (again, it comes and goes)

I got a new driver (in sig) and was slicing the hell out of it. It was terrible, I went for an hour lesson to correct this and boy did my pro ever.

Now if anything I have a nice draw to it.

I kinda feel like I am turning my hands over, but I really have no clue as to what this means.

I guess if you can explain it that would be great, but I would love a video or pictures to show me.

Thanks

if you are hitting it beautifully, stop there. dont change anything...ever.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

if you are hitting it beautifully, stop there. dont change anything...ever.

I agree. It's best if you don't know.

iacas...please close this thread j/k It just means your right hand is in the process of crossing over your left hand after impact. At impact they should be in about the same position they were at address. By the time your arms have extended past impact, say 4:00-3:00 o'clock, your right hand should be over your left. (It's actually your arms and hands). The important thing is do not try to consciously do this. Let the release happen as a result of your swing.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

The important thing is

My swing and its result was totally screwed up for this reason until I read about this somewhere else. This is exactly right. The hands will release and turn over automatically as a result of correctly initiated downswing following a correctly performed backswing. Warning: proper release may add insane yardage to all of your clubs.

So easy even a 30+ handicapper can do it!

Driver: SasQuatch 10.5°, Stiff Flex
Woods: Grand Slam 3-wood & 5-wood
Irons: TPS 7.0 3I-PW
Wedges: 56° sand wedge & 60° lob wedge
Putter: White Hot #6

Whenever I make it a point to turn my hands over on the drive, one of two things happen: either - a wicked slice - or - a nasty snap hook. I try to think of my hands as litttle as possible, and that's when things seem to work best. They'll work properly on their own so if your hitting well, don't try to analyze and/or monkey with it.

Advice from a 20 -25 handicap - take it with a big grain of salt.

In my bag:

Driver: Wishon 915CFE, 420cc, SK Fiber Lite Revolution I
Irons: Tommy Armour 845 FS - PW - 3
Hybrid: Adams Idea 21 deg.Wedges: Cleveland 900 52 deg., 56 deg. TA588 60 deg.Putter: Generic mallet style

The important thing is

If you are not used to doing this, you will have to consciously do it until your hands and arms are trained. My question is: you got a lesson for an hour. you are apparently turning your hands over more. what did the pro teach where he got you to to this without explaining to you what you are doing?

Joe McNulty

5SK™ Director of Instruction, Cape Cod, MA

Driver - D3 9.5

3-Wood - SQ 15

Hybrid - 17 Adams

4-PW - 714 AP2

50, 56 & 60 - Vokeys

Putter - Scotty

Ball - Pro V1x

If you are not used to doing this, you will have to consciously do it until your hands and arms are trained.

Actually I had a good amount of lessons, but never with my driver, For some reason I told him my driving was fine, which it was.. My pro changed my grip around a little and then got me to drop my right arm down at address. Enough so he could stick a club through my arms, this is what helped me allot.. But the final tip was to extend my arms out when to go to hit the ball, during impact, which is what is giving me some pretty good distance.

If you are not used to doing this, you will have to consciously do it until your hands and arms are trained.

Maybe only on the practice tee, just to get the feeling. Try some slo-mo swings. If you take that onto the golf course, you can potentially be programming yourself to consciously turn the hands over (casue you're thinking about it) which will produce a handsy release which is not good.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!