IGNORED

Hello From kansas, i have a question

akammerer
Note: This thread is 3136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright first off awesome site finally made an acc so i can enjoy it more but heres my question. Well first off let me start with this i started playing golf this summer and have fell in love with it and try to play atleast some type of golf every week ranging from an actual course driving range or just working on chipping and putting but i would like to take my game to the next level i want to make my highschools golf team this spring i shoot probably around 55 to 60 right now and to make the jv squad you gotta shot about a 45-48 now if i keep practicing if i get some lessons from pga professionals and a month before tryouts i play 15 rounds of golf in that month (i would buy a monthlymembership from a course) are my chances to be able to shoot in that 45-48 range pretty good even though i only started this summer and remember i would still be getting lessons too periodically

Hi @akammerer and welcome to TST. This is a great place for you to spend time learning about the game to get better quickly. I think it is great that you are starting with a goal. This will likely make your practice focused and help you improve faster. I also will add that I think it is a goal that is within reach.

I agree with starting with lessons. You can start by looking around where you are, and if you can't find anybody there are plenty of people to help you online as well. I will warn you though if you start with someone who is not knowledgable you are going to be spending a great deal of time undoing what you learned. So find someone in your area or online who others have used successfully or is someone you are compatible with. If you need help finding a teacher, I recommend you find a 5 Simple Keys certified instructor.

Another piece of advice I will give is to get a camera, or a nice mobile phone that takes high speed video. The new iPhones 5s and above are great for this. Video is the only way you can see if you are really improving. You will hear often on here that feel isn't real, and it is true, the only way to truly gage your improvement is to see it on video.

The last piece of advice is to dig around through old threads on this site here and ask questions if you have any. There is an enormous amount of completely free advice on this site that if you spend the time you can learn quickly and begin improving immediately.

Good luck and be sure to keep us updated.

• Upvote 1

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to TST!!
  • Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3136 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!