Golf Gear mentioned in this thread:
Re: Bridgestone Irons
Re: Bridgestone IronsI've tried a lot of stuff, and the J36s fit me like a glove. Anyone who says their quality isn't among the best either A) Hasn't hit them or B) Doesn't know what they're talking about (see point A).
Go hit them and see for yourself. I think you'll be quite surprised, especially given the low price point they tend to fetch if you're willing to take your chances on eBay.
Re: Bridgestone Ironsi just switched from.....well Nike PFC to Mizuno MP-57's to Nike CCi Forged to B'Stone J36 CB's
cant comment just yet on the J36's, but they are arriving today armed with PJX 6.0's
picked em up slightly used for $255USD shipped to me
after the snow melts.....(again)....I will report back
Havent heard anything bad about them though
nothing but good reviews
highly under rated irons/company IMO
Re: Bridgestone Irons
Whoever says Bridgestone isn't as good as other popular companies is DEAD wrong. I would say Bridgestone outperforms Taylormade and Callaway easily, as for Mizzies and Titleist, I feel they perform about the same. My first set of forged irons were the J33 cavity backs. They had such a classic profile and a pure feel, I would still be playing them if they had some grooves left. I played them for 2 and a half years, and to me were better than any set of Taylormades ( I used a 2006 TP set as well, great club, but not near the J33's), and even Titleist and Mizuno at the time. The MP series really took me by storm, and the z series that Titleist had and now the CB/MB lines are unbelievable.
1) Bridgestone is the most underrated golf company in the biz.
2) They will always be looked at with squints and questions because of their name
3) People who hate on Bridgestone or say they have inferior equipment to any topline big manufacturer is ignorant, or has never hit a set of them.
4) To me, Bridgestones are a players type of club, they are not the easiest to hit (TRUST ME, even the CB's were pretty tight on the forgiveness), and people who do not swing the club well and do it day in and day out are going to struggle with them.
5) Even their woods and wedges are sick sticks.
Don't hate on what you don't know or can't play.